Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

College Football Playoff Committee chair: Georgia's two top 15 wins 'separator' in rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageCollege Football Playoff Committee chair: Georgia's two top 15 wins 'separator' in rankings

Georgia football has two wins against teams ranked in the Top 15 of the College Football rankings, and the CFP committee is also impressed with the Bulldogs' defense and offensive backfield

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The key to the remainder of our regular season is turnovers. Dominate on defense and protect the ball and we will win out. Our offense needs to continue to improve and stay healthy because in the post season, we will need points even with the defense playing well.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2019

A Little Irony Here…..

…..for Florida anyway.

The Gators get half the credit for UGA being considered the best one-loss team – thanks reptiles.

Also that news was delivered by a guy named Mullens.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I honestly think that the whole top 5 should be redone. I agree with the assessment about Ohio state and lsu. Either could be #1. Ohio state does "appear" to have a better team. But they haven't really played a top notch team. LSU's defense is porous as I've ever seen. They put all in on the offense and the DC is riding the clock. Now the whole thing with alabama, Penn state, and clemson. That is where it gets murky. In my opinion, Alabama should be #5. Their defense is not there this year and tagovailoa is an ankle problem waiting to happen. Now between clemson and Penn state, that's a toss up. Both have balanced teams. But haven't played to a high standard. Penn state almost let Michigan come back and clemson, well we know what happened there. Just my opinion on the top 5.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio State has yet to play Penn State! Alabama has yet to play LSU! UGA has yet to play Auburn. Somebody's got to lose a game or another game and in the rankings......what a season finale this will be.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm happy with those rankings and it seems fair to me. Clemson didn't deserve to be in the Top few because of their barely win against UNC and ultra-weak schedule. Penn State is rewarded for their Top 25 wins and difficulty of schedule. Ohio State and LSU have dominated and Bama has at least a more difficult schedule than Clemson. I'd love nothing better than to see Clemson go undefeated and not have a shot at the Playoffs. That'd be hilarious.

Correct answer by Smart - it doesn't matter whether we are #1 or #6 or #10. We have our path laid out for us. A second loss means that we'll be a 2 loss team and treated as such.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lot of football left to be played......the truth is that it will come down to Bama.....BTW if Georgia doesn't win out they were never meant to be a playoff team this year....and Clemson.......They have lost a lot of players but they still have a lot of great ones with a great coach...look out for Clemson......LSU, they don't have the D to hang with Bama