Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football enters CFP Playoff bubble with no margin for error

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football enters CFP Playoff bubble with no margin for error

Georgia football doesn't have room for another loss, even if it wins the SEC Championship Game, if it's to return to the College Football Playoffs this season

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Scre* finebum....everybody knows saban shares his paycheck with him

• 1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • WalteregoWalterego Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Finebaum is right on this one. We lost to a now 4-6 team who just lost to App State. Alabama just lost to an undefeated LSU. They deserve to be rated higher as a 1 loss team. HOWEVER, we control our destiny! Should we win out even before the SEC championship game, perhaps we should be rated more highly. If we win out including the SEC title game (LSU most likely), we most certainly will be ranked higher than Alabama AND LSU. It's all on us. We can't complain about where we are sitting (5?) after losing to SC and nobody will complain about our being ranked top 4 (top 2 likely) if we win out.

• GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama is zero and one against top 25 teams this year and 1 and 1 against BYE teams, Georgia is two and zero top 25 and three and one against BYE teams, enough said for now pawwl.

• GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • CWheat01CWheat01 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I am surprised paul could even speak, with his mouth full of saban's morning load...

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Finebaum has it correct IMHO.

If Tua had been healthy and able to run and maneuver better, then they could have beaten LSU. As it was, Tua was no real threat to run, was rusty, and couldn't pass the ball efficiently.

LSU only beat Auburn by 3 points. Auburn just had a bye week while we got banged up against Missouri. We beat Auburn on the road, and I say we are in the Top 4. If not, our hopes of a post-season in a playoff semifinal are just about over.

No excuses. Finish the drill. GO DAWGS!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will admit, I'm looking through UGA colored glasses, but I would have Georgia over Alabama ( I know the committee won't).

I'm saying that because of the last two times Alabama has faced a ranked team. They got Gorilla stomped by Clemson, and have played 8 un-ranked teams since, before playing LSU. Bama made a good comeback to make the score close, but it never really looked like they were the better team. 0-2 against your last two ranked opponents doesn't look good. Georgia losing to South Carolina doesn't look good.

Georgia does have something that Alabama doesn't. Georgia likely has the best defense in the SEC.

Take a look at LSU's closest game of the season, a 23-20 score against Auburn. Auburn likely has the 2nd-3rd best defense in the SEC.

If healthy, Ga also has a better offense than Auburn.

Simply put, I think LSU proved by a reasonable doubt that they are a better team than Alabama. LSU will be favored over Georgia, but do we really know if they are better. Like I said, Georgia has the best defense, and that gives them a chance.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA is healthy on offense...we will beat Auburn...if too many starters are out, such as Cager and Hill,,,..UGA may lose. Pickens, bless his big heart, is giving it his 5-star all.....even though he makes some silly freshman mistakes. He will have to become All-American against Auburn if UGA has any chance. LSU beat Auburn by only 3 pts. and Florida didn't exactly run them off the field either. This is the KEY game for UGA advancing toward just the SEC East championship. This road game will tell it all.

GO DAWGS!

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

No they don't . Tell me who has Bama beat?? No one is the CFP top 25. We have 2. Wins over #10 and #15. Bama should be behind Clemson, us, oregon, utah and minnesota.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2019

Agree... no margin... that was the case last week. This weeks game outcomes make no difference regarding what UGA has to do IMO.

Minnisota the big suprise to me this weekend. SHakes that big 10 up a bit.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a simple equation: (but a difficult task) JUST BEAT AUBURN!!!! GO DAWGS!!!