Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How far can a championship-caliber defense carry the Dawgs?

SystemSystem Posts: 11,088 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageHow far can a championship-caliber defense carry the Dawgs?

Offense has its moments in win over Mizzou, but Georgia’s still having to kick too many field goals.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our receivers could very well be the difference between a good year and a championship year. Watching LSU and Bama receivers make huge plays virtually every time a defense dares to come up and press them in man-to-man coverage is a clear indication on what the Dawg offense would be if Hankton was coaching his group up to their potential.

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm worried as athletic LSU is, they load the box and play press man to man, which other than Cager is pretty easy. How much can our D slow them down

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You better be focusing on Auburn next weekend! Not LSU. Auburn will box as well as they "know" what UGA will throw at them most of the time. UGA defense must win this game or UGA just might lose it I am afraid. Auburn passes and runs well. Their QB is as good as Fromm. They are fresh off a bye week and will be cocky against UGA. UGA's offense has to gel!!! Plus, it is a road game. LSU may be just a dream for you who are looking beyond Auburn. GO DAWGS!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Im not worried one bit. This defense is special and will carry the Dawgs to ATL.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nix as good as Fromm? That stuff you're smoking is illegal, in Georgia, fellow DAWG. The toothless Gators even managed to handle the War Eagles/Tigers. ?

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

The gators were at home...so this will be a much different situation at Auburn. The Dawgs better be prepared for anything on defense or they will risk hearing Malzahn spout off more of his classless, arrogant remarks following the game.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Road to glory, next stop Alabama.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pickens has really improved since the USC jr game. He was open several times and Fromm missed the throw or was late with the ball or under threw him. If Cager is healthy, we have 2 that can beat man and you can't double them both. We will be fine as long as Fromm makes the throws he should.

• RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bill, I’ve read every word of your work for many years. Today’s piece was just an almost play-by-play of the game. I was at the game. The rest of the fans watched on TV most likely. We know what happened. What I look for in your work is the W’s: who/when/where and why. None of that was there today.