Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only I turnovers... that’s the best in a LOOOONG time!

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think we might a decent team this year. Dont know if we can sign an Antman every year though.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to the Dawgs for another win. So far, Ant-Man is averaging 26.5 points and Rayshaun Hammonds is averaging 10.5 boards.

Next up is Delaware St. this Friday. The GT game is Wednesday 11/15. Both games are at 7pm, SECN+.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats also to Walter McCarty's Evansville squad for their win over Kentucky. It was the Purple Aces' first ever win over a #1 team, and broke a 52-game home win streak for the Wildcats.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Idk if anybody could sign an Antman every year, he's a special talent that doesn't come along often. Plus he's built like a brick shoothouse.

Hopefully what Crean has built this year will translate to more elite talent coming to Georgia

• JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched bits of the first game, missed the second. It seems like this team is long on offense, short on defense so far?

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The defense will improve quickly. Most are still 18 to 19 year olds. This is almost an entirely new team, and they have to learn each other. (Imagine if Claxton had returned!) We can hang with anyone, and I think we go to the tournament.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly a little concerned at this point from what I understand. We did just see Kentucky lose to Evansville but The Citadel is not even supposed to be that great of a mid major and its taking stuff like 20+ turnovers and Anthony Edwards to win games against what should be "buys".

But it is still early and the strength of this team is at the guard spot instead of the post which usually in college bodes well going forward (with me really just pointing at Edwards/Wheeler/Gresham tbh). Perhaps Edwards can make it happen, but it might be more along Collin Sexton at Alabama like stuff here.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Be the first to admit I love high scores. But where’s our Defense? That’s what wins championships. Look l know we’re just 2 games in and maybe I’m making to big of deal of it so tell was last nights game void of defense or was it ok,I never played the game other than pick up games. And I’m not an NBA fan. Love March madness and UGA and that’s it.

edited November 2019

I saw big improvements from game 1. Better on the boards & better from the line and the first game jitters gone.

Let's not hit the panic button after the second game. As long as we're seeing consistent improvement then I'm happy. Skies the limit with these guys.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone going to Maui?

Everybody be sure to tune in for some Friday night hoops. If you haven't seen Antman yet, you're in for a treat...he's going for first 3 games with 20+ pnts since Dominique.

I'll be looking for another step up on the boards, better D & maybe not looking for quick 3s so much but work down low more. Suppose to be a scrappy team they're facing who presses full court.

Go Dawgs!

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your concerns are valid IF you expected a top 25 team and a run in the big tourney. You'll be happier if you temper those expectation to being better than last year. Edwards is an elite talent, but this is NOT an elite team, nor has it an elite culture established. It would not shock me if we barley miss or make the tourney. Overall, I think this team will be fun to watch and will compete. Crean's 3rd season, even without Edwards, will be the one where we make the jump like Auburn did.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been catching the games on radio and I'll tune in for the game tonight but I'd rather watch it. Will it be televised?

If you're Comcrap try voice search. First 2 for me have been Internet-SEC alt channel

Hoop doggie dawgs looking smooth so far. Much better ball movement and patience.