Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

College Football Playoff updates rankings after Georgia football win over Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageCollege Football Playoff updates rankings after Georgia football win over Auburn

The Georgia Bulldogs leapfrogged Alabama in the College Football Playoff rankings last week. And that was before they beat a top-15 Auburn team on the road. However, the No. 4 spot is as high as the Bulldogs are able to climb at the moment, as that is where they landed in the Week 13 College Football Playoff

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm surprised LSU didn't get leapfrogged by Ohio St. Not that they should have.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Swap Clem's schedule with UGA, or bama, or UF, or The Barn and any one of these schools would be undefeated.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rat poison! Focus on taking care of Texas A&M and the rest will take care of itself!

Stay focused, Dawgs! Keep practicing hard! Keep out hustling and be more physical than the guy in front of you. You know what you have to do! Let's do it!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT TEXAS A&M!

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Silver Britches- Yuuuup! RAT POISON INDEED.

LSU can have a mulligan, but Georgia's margin for error is ZERO. And while an SEC championship would be ok, that ain't the trophy the fans are starved for. Beat A&M Dawgs.

Beat A&M.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, the rankings are exactly the way they are designed to be. There's no real room to move up any higher unless one of the Top 3 loses a game and as everyone knows, it really doesn't matter. We either win out or we don't.

That being said, Ohio State certainly has proven themselves and deserves to be top spots, but they have 3 straight difficult games in Penn State, Michigan and Minnesota. If they beat all of those teams, then certainly they will have my respect as a powerhouse. LSU is more borderline as sure they beat Bama, but didn't exactly destroy everyone else: 3 point win against Auburn, gave up 38 points to Texas as well as Vandy (!), 14 point win against Florida, gave up 37 points to Ole Miss, etc. The SEC Championship game should be interesting.

I'm sick of hearing how good Clemson is against a pathetic schedule.

But yeah, keep in mind that had A&M had Clemson's schedule, they probably would be undefeated too. They obviously can't be a Top 5 team after losing to 3 powerhouses, but I bet they'd be a Top 10 team otherwise. The players "know" this and Smart certainly knows it, but only the team can decide how ready they are. If you want to play against the best, you can't play safe against this game.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say now is...........GO DAWGS! Trounce A&M!