Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart: Offensive line health improving

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart: Offensive line health improving

Georgia football has its share of bumps and bruises entering its showdown with Texas A&M at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Malazan bitter loser of year award. He’s still crying

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

These guys are football warriors. I think all these guys are really pushing themselves through painful/nagging injuries. DGD!! I honestly hope, although unlikely, we can rest Cager for the next couple games and let him heal. The problem is...... we need him versus TexAM. Cager just elevates our whole receiving corp. You have to scheme against him defensively and that makes our other WRs much more dangerous. If you don't scheme against him, he makes you pay. If he plays, you will see Pickens get a lot more catches.....Robertson.....Blaylock, TEs, etc.

BTW - K. Jackson being back is already making an impact. Guy is fast, disciplined, with good hands. He may have a big game versus TexAM.

Go DAWGS. Get there early and be loud!!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cager may be deemed "cleared to play" but his shoulder is proving to be one tackle away from putting Lawrence on the shelf, possibly for the season. We don't need him to be 90% for LSU, we need him at 100% for 60 minutes. We survived Auburn for 52 minutes without him. We should be able to survive A&M and Tech without him if the other receivers step it up!

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

If some of these guys are able to go duck hunting and any other sorts of these physical activities.... are they really banged up?? Just curious because some of these players don’t seem too banged up if they are posting all these things on social media? Don’t get me wrong, you need your escape from the sport but are you really thinking about the betterment of the team when you get about 3-hours of sleep and hunt all day long while you’re supposedly banged up and can’t practice during the week? If you can do that, then it seems you are not quite all banged up....

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Obviously you ain't from the country and you've never played organized football. Many injuries that won't allow the rigors of playing in an SEC football game don't stop you from doing most everyday things. An excellent example is Cager, a separated shoulder limits you because of the pain from running and cutting at top speed and can turn into a serious injury with any type of hard hit. Those things don't happen with almost all outside activities. Another example is Kearis Jackson and his broken hand, examples obvious. You really have no idea of the kind of coordination and daily conditioning football requires.

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior

@rhbatch perception is reality. I do understand how you may be able to do every day things but not be able to go full speed on contact. But if you’re having lower extremity issues, is it wise to go out and do things outside the Norm that increase your chances of making it worse? And your right, I didn’t play college football but i am from the country. Ive personally seen injuries outside of a sport that could have been easily prevented, but having fun was more important. I’m just going off on what’s the coach said and what I saw and was curious because it didn’t really match up.