Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Why Georgia football does and doesn't have to worry about South Carolina loss as College Football Pl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhy Georgia football does and doesn't have to worry about South Carolina loss as College Football Playoff race heats up

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The reasons Georgia football does and doesn't have to worry about the South Carolina loss as College Football

Read the full story here

Comments

• FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting but rat poison. We are playing the Aggies this week. Nothing else matters.

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just wait until South Carolina beats Clemson. 😉💀

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Not to take away the importance of the SCAR loss, but not facing the competition that we face, Clemson has not been as beat up as we are. I think you could include Ohio State not being beat up for that matter.

I watched the 4th quarter of the Clemson / UNC game, and UNC could have sent the game into OT if they had kicked the PAT instead of going for 2.

Maybe UNC beat UNC that day more than Clemson did. In fact, I would say SCAR didnt beat us as much as we beat ourselves that day, although SCAR always plays us tough.

I dont believe the committee takes all this into account.

All that matters now is that we beat aTm, and I hope we are able to really dominate on both sides of the ball.

• SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I seem to recall Clemson won a National championship in 2016 and had a loss to an unranked Pitt team. Keep winning and it will all be in front of us and there will be no undefeated teams left. Our offense needs to be better, but there is time to prove the Dawgs are up to the task. Keep winning and Dawgs can raise a new banner...(although Central Florida may claim to share the title).

Just keep winning!! Defense wins championships!! Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, NCAA needs to get off their corrupt butts and start finding a way to force more stronger matchups. I get that winning is all that matters and Clemson won the NC last year, but not enough people say "How could a team with such a weak schedule like Clemson barely pull off a victory against a team like UNC".

And Oregon is sooooo good with their 4 point win against unranked Washington and 2 point win against a 5 loss Washington State? Yeah.

Those important end of game plays that determine victories can easily sway your opinion as to "how good" a team is.

I WILL say though that I'd be more upset if we wound up beating Auburn say 28-0 as opposed to winning the way we did - there's no doubt they would've beaten us had the game gone into OT or was about 5 minutes longer. I'll take the "W" but I don't think it was the statement it could've been.

Our NC hopes come down really to this game. If we lose (even a close game), NOTHING (not even beating LSU) can get us into the playoffs. If we can hold on and win these last 2 games and keep LSU at least close, then we have a VERY outside shot at getting in.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, at least Ohio State has 3 really tough games ahead of them now. Penn State (#8), Michigan (#13) and then likely a #10 Minnesota or maybe #12 Wisconsin. If they win all 3 games, then they'll have earned their spot. If they lose to Penn State, then Penn State actually goes to the division championship game which would be interesting in how they get ranked.

• Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

The S. Carolina loss is already baked into their rating and they are Number 4. If they win out the SC loss means NOTHING-they are in. If they lose another game they are out b/c of 2 losses. I don't care where they are ranked as long as they GET INTO THE TOP 4. No matter where they land in the top 4 they will have to beat 2 great teams to win the National Championship anyway. Just keep winning and it all takes care of itself. This discussion is noise.

• BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

The most significant thing about the SC loss is the same now as it was the day after the game: that there is virtually no margin for error for the remainder of the season, including the SEC championship game. A two-loss team is highly unlikely to get into a 4-team playoff. Consider the scenario of winning the next 2 and losing to LSU - there is absolutely no way a 2-loss non-conference-champion gets in. Or consider the scenario of losing one of the next two but beating LSU - well, first ask Penn State how being a 2-loss conference champ worked out for them in 2016 - Ohio State was chosen over them. The only situation I can think of where that possibly could have happened was two years ago when Auburn probably would have gotten in if they had beaten Georgia in the SEC championship game - but they had the rather extraordinary achievement of beating two #1 ranked teams at the end of the year, and would have added an additional win over a previous #1 had they beaten Georgia (and Auburn's two prior losses were at LSU and at Clemson). So... in short: WIN OUT!! GO DAWGS!!

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We have to beat LSU to advance to the playoffs .

if we lose we are out