Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anonymous coach suggests Georgia football is missing former offensive coordinator Jim Chaney

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageAnonymous coach suggests Georgia football is missing former offensive coordinator Jim Chaney

With the Bulldogs coming in as the No. 4 ranked team in the College Football Playoff, it's once again clear the College Football Playoff committee sees Georgia as the top one-loss team. The Bulldogs added a road win over Auburn this past weekend, now giving Georgia wins over the No. 11 Florida Gators, No. 15 Auburn

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is my humble opinion that every game after the loss to SC have been emotional, for the team and the fans. And, by the way, It is safe to say the SC loss was an emotional game to!!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree with Pat Forde, there will be no let down game against A&M. And no, UGA does not need Cheney back. The Dawgs know they have to win out......period. Fromm will make it happen. The defense will hold off A&M's offense and UGA will light up the electronic scoreboard on offense. GO DAWGS!

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nobody is talking about the likelihood that Saturday's game will be Kentucky 2.0, with all the rain that is predicted.  Take you ponchos, y'all.  Good thing is, dogs have played in this, once before, this year.  I think it will be another wet/rainy defensive battle.  UGA has advantage with a good ground game and a stable of running backs. 

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Potential" let down game. I'm hoping not, but UGA has shown they have the potential. Hope this is not one of those.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They seem to win ScoreCheck......I hear ya on the injuries.....it has been gnawing at me for some time. Let's hope Pickens has another profitable outing. Cager may see play hurt or not...this guy is something. A&M plans to key on Fromm and eliminate the weak passing game altogether. Their coach all but admitted it. Then they stuff the box....but let's not give them the box!!!! Flanker passes to Swift and Herrien. Send Pickens down field as a decoy.....hollering at Fromm to throw it to him....LOLOL Need to get creative. Not business as usual. Send Swift up his usual middle route and flip one to Herrien either side for good yardage. Herrien is a strong runner and has excellent hands. Just thinking out loud. BUT, if it's raining...whole new game plan. Smart will pound and grind hoping to tire the A&M defense. It worked with KY as we know. This is not KY. But running Swift off tackle all afternoon will wear him down. Athens weather is scattered T-showers and 65 degrees. GO DAWGS!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Offense is where we need the most improvement and especially in 2 areas, run blocking early in the game and receivers. Our receivers have enough speed and quickness to create separation but boy do they run lousy routes. Their stop routes have almost if not totally, no come back to the ball in them. They are allowing the defender to get to the ball off their breaks. This is basic route running and we are not sharp at it. With sharper ball hawking routes I promise you the run blocking would improve because Fromm could pick them apart when they place 8 in the box. Another thing I've been seeing is some of the guys with option routes that may be the 3rd or 4th option are not really busting out those routes.

I'd also like to see Jake keep it now and then to keep the DE honest. Doesn't have to gain that much but if the DE has to hold contain a split second longer instead of crashing, that may be all Swift would need to find the crease. I realize they don't won't Fromm carrying the ball for risk of injury where we are thin at.

The O-line has very high grades in pass blocking and if they could get those receivers to sharpen up their routes, this offense could really be explosive when Defenses are pulled out of the box.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heather is oblivious. We aren't making it in as a 2 loss SEC Champ unless OSU, LSU, and and the PAC 12 Champ also have 2 losses. There is 0% chance of that happening, so we are in win or go home mode.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am still of the belief that Kirby is holding plays back until the LSU game. Call me crazy, but I believe that we have stuff we haven't shown in any game yet that we will break out during the SECCG and the Playoffs.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, I hope you're right. The SCAR game is what gives me pause. I know we moved the ball and had TOs, but our WRs just could not get open and make the catches. And then when Cager left the game in the 1st half.

I've been hoping to see a play like we opened our drive against MSU with in 2017...the flea flicker and long TD to Godwin, I believe.

The pass to Blaylock last weekend gets prettier and prettier every time I see it. If he could get open once like that, try it again.

Of course, maybe that's why Fromm throws to the outside so much: it will help to open up the middle when we have to use it.

I'm just trying to be optimistic because I want us to just blow a game wide open, without going soft like last week.

Man, a 21-0 beatdown of Auburn had me giddy.