Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 keys for a Georgia football win over upset-minded Texas A&M

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

image3 keys for a Georgia football win over upset-minded Texas A&M

Georgia football offensive coordinator James Coley will be pivotal against Texas A&M, having worked for Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher at Florida State

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike who is that guy standing next to Coley in the Picture? It can't be James Cook, I heard he was in the witness protection program, given that he hasn't been seen all season.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Have great offense
    2. Have great defense

LOL, just kidding, but seriously that's it. Our defense needs to maintain it's tough standard and we MUST MUST MUST be able to get the passing game going. We can't have these perfect passes by Fromm that are dropped or batted away and still win. We need to connect with some big plays and THEN work in the run game.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"No team has lined up and flat-out 'beat' the Bulldogs all season, so much as they beat themselves against the Gamecocks."

Thank you. I've been waiting and waiting for someone with any kind of platform to actually say this. However, my jinxy mind wants to say "dude, keep that junk quiet, and knock on some wood. Right. Now."

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Fromm had issues....playing in wet weather."

"Wet weather" is a bit of an understatement don't you think? How about a tropical depression? Good grief....give the kid a break!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winning is never "****"! Keep playing Kirby Ball and dominate both sides of the line of scrimmage. There's a reason all those fancy offenses are behind the Dawgs in the rankings. Their offense kills their defense! LSU is the only offense first team with a healthy resume and their defense with A+ players all over the field is their worst in decades! Go DAWGS!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Supposed to be another Kentucky kind of day as 100% chance of rain is predicted. Ground and pound will be the key to winning this game. No turnovers, great defense, win field position battle and we should come out of this game with a win. Go Dawgs!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly! Not just rain, but lots of wind! I watched FU and SCAR, and it was NOT the same conditions we played in that night. Based on the forecast, the weather tomorrow is not supposed to be what it was for UK. Plus, that was a night game, and I know there are lights, but it's not like the daytime: all of that rain impacts the light that reaches the field.

I know it doesn't matter, but there was something about the SCAR game that is just inexplicable...Blankenship's FG was blocked, he missed a FG???? If we were going to lose a game, I'd much rather have lost that game and have the team motivated to play up, than win and then get blown out by FU or the barn.

The SCAR game helped to galvanize the team I believe. A loss to FU or Aubu'n would have been devastating.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake you're only going to be allowed to throw the ball a hand full of times in this game(if it rains) my suggestion is don't waste your bullets throwing to _____ or ______. You know who I'm talking about.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A very wet day is forecast, so definitely need to protect the ball. Containing Mond and putting pressure on him will be the key to this game. I think we should be able to move the ball, but I do worry about Mond's play making ability - especially with his feet in conditions like is forecasted. The game will probably be won in the trenches.

GO DAWGS!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Must take the legs away from Mond! Wet weather could help but could hinder as he will be forced to run more and he can run! UGA going to have to stack the line against the split backs....force them inside not perimeter. Contain...contain...name of this game. UGA defense should prevail. OL will have to open the off tackle slots for Swift and Herrien...laterals and short passes. Fromm does not have the hands to handle a wet ball...he says. That puts Pickens on ice....not good. Takes UGA's passing game off the play calling list. Big advantage for Aggies. They know it. But oh that Dawg defense (bless'em)....the best! Trenches war again.....just like KY if weather deteriorates that much and the Aggies are much better than KY. Last I looked, forecast is for scattered T-storms and 65 degrees. UGA will take the day! GO DAWGS!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cager needs to sit the next two weeks so the other receivers have got to make an A+ effort to do their jobs. The only way Cager will survive being tackled to the turf in Atlanta, turf that is almost like carpet covered asphalt, is to be close to 100%.