Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football injury report: Offense hobbled entering Texas A&M battle

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football injury report: Offense hobbled entering Texas A&M battle

Georgia football has questions on the offensive line and in the receiving corps this week, and Kirby Smart has been understandably guarded

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope many of these injuries are not enough to prohibit active status at game time. If A&M reads this, they may offer some of their players to keep it competitive the way this article purports things...LOLOL...Just kidding guys. UGA beat Auburn and Mizzou banged up...they are that deep and good! No worries! GO DAWGS!

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty much every team is banged up this time of year. I'm sure A&M has its share of injuries.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry, I worry about all of it. No team is THAT deep. As Bill Parcells used to say when he coached the Cowboys and folks constantly clamored for him to play the second-string quarterback: "There's a reason why your second-string guy is your second-string guy." We need all of our first-string players to be on the field Saturday and as close to 100 percent as their will and modern medicine can possibly make them. Sort of surprised that they just haven't declared Mathis and Bush as redshirts but maybe there's more to those situations than we know. I thought Justin Shaffer was only going to miss a couple of weeks and he looks like he's done for the year, too. But all in all, this isn't as bad an injury report as it could be.

• BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good thing we have such outstanding depth on the OL. Salyer is a starter on any other team in the country.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say is we'd better find some fellas who can get open and catch the ball, or we won't have a chance in the SEC Championship game. It's that simple.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I couldn't agree more! For the life of me I can't understand why this problem hasn't been fixed. It has been a problem since the SC game. The vast majority of the time our young receivers are simply not getting open.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the adrenaline kicks in you can play through nagging injuries.