Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football report card: Passing grades, but red marks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card: Passing grades, but red marks

Georgia football got another win, but the Bulldogs didn't have their strongest performance in certain position groups against the Aggies

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Popeyethesailor, my sentiments exactly. Thank you! !!!!

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA did exactly what it needed to do in wet soggy oft referred to trap game versus a decent SEC opponent. Yes, there were miscues by Fromm, but most of them came when there was a monsoonal down pour happening. @dogs_n_braves ...to generalize and say that Fromm only has a 12 yd bs route is myopic, amnesiacal, and quite a divergence from the opinions of many experts. Most Dawg fans will be thrilled if Fromm returns for his senior season with a more experienced receiving corps and an even more experienced OL and Defense. Truly UGA may have the best formula for a Natty next season, but is still legitimately part of the conversation this year. I have limited belief that they can pull off a win vs LSU and others beyond, but know that they may be able to grind out an NFL like miracle this year.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess making coaching a D. is too hard to ask for. Everything offense was too high, except rb.

QB, WR, and O-LINE, all too high. Understand, the flea-flicker worked, Pickens slowed down and started looking back when he did. I do understand why, who ever expects Fromm and the offense to ever throw the ball deep.

Swift did most of his on his own. I listened to his interview, and he sure sounds disappointed without throwing the offensive philosophy under the bus. Even if he was projected a 5th round pick, I don't think he would even return. At this rate Ga will have nothing but 3* offensive players committing. That's what GA Tech recruited under Johnson, and still could run the ball. Hate to bring up the bugs, but sorry.

dogs_and_braves- I agree. Could be good and bad for the program. Good- let's Beck learn and gets experience, Bad- same offensive rut again next year. People will point out, "our wr's will have more experience". Which is true, but new o-line, and new rb's and still the same qb. Same rut. I hope you are right about them hanging 50 on LSU. I just don't think they can "turn it on" like that. Since last year they are a 3 qtr team. If you look at all of the 4th qtrs since the beginning of last year, I believe it is not good. Points, t.o.p, yards everything. The 1 game I know they dominated in was TN last year. They scored 14 points, and guess who was the qb then. The numbers may not be as bad as I think, but it sure seems like it. Exclude the cupcakes.

Go Dawgs.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

another week of inflated grades on QB

• Options
    GsdawgGsdawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

The whole offense is overrated. Combination of coaching and talent. Fromm has not progressed and has become a game manager. He is not a difference maker without the defense bailing him out. No one fears our passing game so focus on stopping our run. Our defense is great but stays on the field too long. I think we’ll regret letting Eason and Fields get away.

• Options
    GsdawgGsdawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I can feel Swift's frustration, because I feel it too! (but, of course, I'm not getting pounded on the ground).

I miss Justin Fields!!

As bad as that may sound it's kinda true. Sure, Fields had 3 turnovers yesterday in their win (not all his fault), but he still managed 188 yards passing and almost 70 yards with his feet. The guy made some great passes, runs, and took the hits head on! Fromm may be a good game manager, but when he is in a passing slump he provides virtually no run threat to the opposing team. His bag of tricks is empty. I love the guy, but he's not firing on all cylinders right now. I hope to heck he figures it out.

• Options
    tomdatltomdatl Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Somehow there has to be a grade for total offense performance "D' on the curve.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Popeye has a point: Zone defense allows too much penetration by speedy receivers and broken field runners. Leaves the middle open. Man-up that deep in. When you're waiting for your teammate to haul all the way across field to make a tackle near the end zone...something is terribly wrong? Ya know, we gotta stop missing Justin Fields and Eason. They're gone. I am guilty of repeating it, myself. Fromm is at the helm for this and yes next year. No thinking NFL team will take him...not early anyway. He is simply awful when it rains. It rains all the time in NFL and snows!!! Jake, we love ya, but maybe your hands are too small for major league play..or too weak...something?

Have you posters seen Carson Beck heave the ball? One video showed Carson behind the longest throw in high school football they had ever seen! Strong arm. Big hands. Yeah! There is hope, gentlemen, though his moving out of pocket game needs some work. I know little about him but wanted comments on that much, anyway. Another thing, is he tough enough for the SEC? Mentally and physically?

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I cannot believe there are complaints about our D! Are you for real? This D is the only reason we are 10-1. If the zone is not the best thing in the moment I am confident Lanning and Smart will not use it. The way our offense is playing and you want to take time to complain about our D???!!! What is wrong with folks?!