Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

For The Deer Hunters Out There..

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

I used to hunt many years ago and when I did, I made sure anything I got went to good use. If my freezer was full, I donated all the rest to food banks. Many a time I sat in a deer stand either being eaten up by mosquitoes or freezing to the extent my feet and toes were numb. And for the "love" of doing this, many a time not ever seeing a single deer pass my way. However, I always felt that "trophy" was right there.....watching me. Well, now I understand they were....

Happy Thanksgiving and safe hunting!!

Comments

• Options
    brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep it's a love hate relationship. Every time I go (which is a lot) and don't see anything I hate it and say I'm never going back, but those mornings that you see deer or harvest one sure are special. I love getting out and enjoying God's creation.

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

I share about 5 acres of maintained pasture for my "backyard" with 2 other homes. Just nice to watch all the deer (mostly doe) and the turkey. Counted 27 turkeys in the "backyard" 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah ... other than girls it was all I thought about ....when younger ....glad I out grew it .... @ my age I’d rather sleep in .... but do miss all the bs and cooking @ deer camp

now I just BS my wife and couple friends and RV camp

still like to bird hunt ... going to KS in 3 weeks to hunt wild birds

Go Dawgs and happy thanksgiving

• Options
    70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't hunt, but this was so good I sent it to a friend who is a huge hunter!

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@how2fish

” I’ve wasted countless hours chasing ....... “ —- +1 brother

“ most of my life has been insignificant, the rest I just wasted “ - Skidmarks @57 and many beers later ...

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen the only thing I regret are the ones that got away..@skidmarks there is a wave length that I think we are both on. Ya'll have a great Thanksgiving!