Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia WR Lawrence Cager suffers 'serious' ankle injury in Wednesday practice

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia WR Lawrence Cager suffers 'serious' ankle injury in Wednesday practice

Georgia football WR Lawrence Cager has been Jake Fromm's most reliable target, but he suffered an ankle injury in practice on Wednesday that's expected to keep him out

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know why, but Georgia just can't seem to catch a break. Probably no real difference with Cager already having the shoulder injury, but I was hoping maybe he could go for the SECCG.

Next man up. GOOOODAWGS!

• MtnDawg98MtnDawg98 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Smarts, this is huge. All of us were hoping Cager would be well rested for the LSU game, because we know how much Fromm needs him from just a comfort level perspective (and it would help keep the LSU secondary honest). Now they'll just cheat towards Pickens and we'll watch Fromm throw into blanketed coverage the whole game.

I assure you - I want UGA to win this game as much as you do, but other than Fromm or Swift not being able to go, this is about the worst news we could have gotten before the game.

• FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

That stinks for him. Wish him a speedy recovery.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know it's not your year when a guy is held out of contact during practice and is expected to be held out of the game and STILL gets a season-ending injury. Then again, if it's a high-ankle sprain, call that Bama doctor up and get the Tua surgery on him.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crap, crap, crap. Sigh.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, it's all up to Pickens now......Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I told y'all to put him in bubble wrap, now we're screwed

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Young pups will have to man up!

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

All isn't lost if Pickens and Blaylock step up and play like they are capable of playing. I think it is more of a case of being less predictable offensively. Half the time I know the play before it is ran, and I do not get paid the money defensive coordinators do.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My main thoughts are for Cager to get well so that he can do well in the NFL draft.

By happening now, the team can prepare with the other receivers.

If it had happened during the Tech game or next week, we would have had far less time to prepare. There's a reason for everything.

And we wont have to worry about rain in the SECCG.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well that stinks. This man has done everything he can for his team. Hate it for him.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

First of all, what was Jake Fromm's most trusted WR doing "practicing?" What, was he trying to win the practice to get to make the bus?

Kirby Dumbass, the man has a separated shoulder, and bruised ribs. Put him on a stationary bike and save his ass for LSU!

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully, Cager will get his shoulder surgery taken care of, then get the hell out of Athens. WTH is this guy doing practicing? Separated shoulder, which after surgery, will require 16 weeks in a sling. Bruised Ribs, which thankfully will not require surgery. Why not stick this guy on a stationary bike until the SECCG?

No, Kirby want's his team to practice real hard, so let's just hope the current dozen injured, doesn't grow to 2 dozen.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cager just signed out as a Dawg and will no longer be an active player...from his own lips. He was great while he lasted...but is injury prone and the NFL WILL notice. Am a bit dimayed at this guy. Seemed to have a lot of heart until he injured his ankle DURING PRACTICE and that did it. I guess I can't blame him. Happy holidays, Cager! GO DAWGS!