Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What's next for Georgia with WR Lawrence Cager injured

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhat's next for Georgia with WR Lawrence Cager injured

ATHENS — Georgia’s journey to the SEC Championship Game has been filled with obstacles, and the Bulldogs hit another significant bump in the road on Wednesday with the ankle injury to receiver Lawrence Cager. The initial prognosis on Cager late Wednesday was not good. Initial reports were that it was a serious injury

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

What about makiya tongue Has he played at all this year? If not we only would have 4 games remaining. He still could red shirt

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough loss and really hate it for this guy. Not only a great receiver and team leader but also a very honorable and decent young man. Wish him the best and hope he can recover quickly to suit up one more time (at least) in the red and black. Blaylock, Jackson, Pickens and hopefully Simmons will all need to step up their game, and give Fromm some open targets, especially in SECCG. To hell with Tech! Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor Riley just wrote a similar piece. Cager is gone I suspect for the season. Eli Wolf could be a factor as he has looked pretty good as a short-yardage receiver. Fromm gets it to him and he holds on. Good thing. The go-to guys now are my man George Pickens, Blaylock and Robertson. I gotta go with Pickens against Tech and LSU. He has pretty good hands. some speed and can separate. May need a decoy in the LSU game.....they are pretty well versed in UGA's limited offense. How about over the middle short flips to the RBs? Crossing pattern if man to man defense....as Swift and Herrien are both sure-hnaded receivers...most of the time...and if D'Andre breaks it.. it's off to the House for six. GO DAWGS!!!!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have weapons, we just have to use them and in two weeks it's all on the line. Better get it right!

• LarryDawgLarryDawg Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore

Next man up. Pretty simple.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tech is absolutely horrible this season. We best use this game as a stepping stone to iron out our pass offense otherwise our run offense is doomed. I also believe we need to start planning for LSU now. Yes, overlook Tech, they have no chance of winning this game.

What is the status of Tommy Bush? Is he a paper tiger? I am so glad to hear Coley may be FORCED to get Cook more involved. That kid is a very special talent that we have had riding the bench for two flippin' years. I would not be surprised to see him enter the portal if Coley cannot get him the ball these remaining few games.

Again, it appears Wolf Woerner, Blaylock, Jackson and Pickens will have to improve their game the remainder of the season. I wonder what kind of numbers Swift would have been putting up this year at any other team with a viable passing game.

Go Dawgs and turkey!