Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 Georgia football keys against Georgia Tech: Bulldogs must leave with momentum

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

image3 Georgia football keys against Georgia Tech: Bulldogs must leave with momentum

Georgia football doesn't need style points against Georgia Tech, but it needs momentum, and that isn't always reflected on the scoreboard

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A win is a win but this is also Tech. This game is important to bragging rights and recruiting high school student/athletes in the fertile state of Georgia. Plus, I just really don’t like Tech and hope we can put up at least fifty on them with a shutout for good measure. Crank it up offense! To hell with Tech! Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keys to this game: 1. Limit Injuries, play second string as much as possible on D 2. Use this Tech scrimmage game to prepare for LSU.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, I feel like you got this one very wrong.

I believe we need to air the poo out of the ball, not "Run the ball, a lot"! Seriously? Running the ball against Tech is a recipe for a loss against LSU. If we don't establish the passing game now, are you expecting us to be able to do it against LSU? No passing game = no running game = poor offense = LOSS TO LSU.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While I agree we need to try and limit injuries, rest some key players, and end the game with momentum, I disagree with your Tech game strategy. Fromm MUST regain his confidence passing the ball after the last 4 dismal games. That isn't going to happen trying to play our typical conservative style football of running it up the gut time and again. Fromm needs to air it out as much as possible using all potential receivers and tight ends. He can't continue to rely on Cager or simply his famous back shoulder throw.

There is only a slim chance we will be able to rely solely on our running game to beat LSU. Why continue to run the ball against Tech when we need a live scrimmage to work on our passing game??? LSU will load the box, crowd the line scrimmage against our receivers, and make us work for any pass completion.

Air it out, give Fromm and the team serious confidence, and beat Tech through the air. THAT will make LSU rethink their strategy against us.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's GO DAWGS! Come out and stomp a mud hole in Tech's arse! Punch them in the nose, take their pocket protectors from them and stomp on 'em! Stay focused, and out physical these chumps! No **** penalties! Hustle, hustle, hustle! Let's remind these chumps who runs this state! Dominate the guy in front of you! GATA!

GO DAWGS!

WRECK TECH!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, and TECH SUCKS!

The trembling nervous wreck of Georgia Tech!

GO DAWGS!

STOMP THOSE YELLERFLIES!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MontanaDawg is right. This one is all about a reboot of the passing game. Fromm needs to CONNECT with receivers long and short. Tech should be a scrimmage but likely won't be if Coley continues the same game plan. A poor showing at Tech will bounce UGA from 4th..I will guarantee that. Then the SEC won't matter. Smart and company MUST know this.....right? I hate this negative take all the time...as all point to the impressive10-1 record...but no team UGA played is an LSU! And, no team UGA played is a Tech....! Use the bees and get the passing game in sync again. Cut down on injuries and walk into the LSU tilt with confidence. GO DAWGS!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I sincerely hope that we see actual history made in this game against Tech. I hope that Georgia sets an all-time scoring record, with the most dominating win against Georgia Tech ever recorded in the entire series history!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Predicting spotty showers in the afternoon at Bobby Dodd. 70 Degrees. Ball could get a bit greasy....so may be looking at another conservative game. Would like nothing better than a frenzied blow out of the bees. Again...no guarantees. Coach is also looking ahead to LSU.....oh yes he is. Non-starters may see a whole lot more field time....newbie RBs more touches. GO DAWGS!!!!