Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart updates D'Andre Swift status, reveals prior contusions

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart updates D'Andre Swift status, reveals prior contusions

Georgia coach Kirby Smart updated the status of tailback D'Andre Swift, who left the win over Georgia Tech in the third quarter with a shoulder injury

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby says Swift is still active and will play against LSU!!!!! Whew! What a scare!! Undoubtedly..he will favor that shoulder. Cannot afford to fumble against LSU. Pickens out 1st half next weekend will be noticeable....hopefully, UGA will still be in it by the time he returns 3rd Qtr. I have no idea if Smart will level further discipline on him...I would NOT. This is football not badminton. It is rough and tumble out there. LSU will give UGA all they can handle and hopelully not more than that. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news about Swift, but he's not going to be 100% no matter what Kirby says. I say let the other capable RBs start the game and put in Swift only as needed. If we somehow miraculously beat LSU we will need Swift in the playoffs near or at 100%.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching Bama offense without Tia

7.4 litre Hemi

Our offense

4 cylinder hybrid Camry

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW...they are midway thought the third and Auburn has already hung 37 on Bama...The Georgia D is special......Next week will be a great game

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I would be shocked if Pickens isn't out there on the first possession of the third quarter. I think the carry-over suspension for the first half is overkill to begin with. If you want to eject him from the game, ok I get it. But a suspension from a championship game for swinging a couple times in self defense after already having been struck twice? It won't be appealed or overturned, but it should be.

And were my eyes deceiving me, or did the tech player who instigated the swinging and threw 6 punches to Pickens' 2 not get ejected? Doesn't directly pertain to Pickens' situation going forward, but it does pretty well highlight the ridiculousness in how the rule is being enforced.

As for Swift, I had a hunch this was a pre-existing issue. He was hit and fell on his right shoulder, then immediately grabbed his left side. Just didn't look right.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If protecting the ball is an issue for Swift because of injury, that will be a huge problem against LSU! Even one TO could be a death knell against the Tigers. Every possession needs to end with points!