Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football limps out of Georgia Tech toward SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football limps out of Georgia Tech toward SEC Championship Game

Georgia football has overcome its share of adversity, but the Bulldogs suffered another key injury when D'Andre Swift went down, and then George Pickens got himself ejected

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hope Swift will be ok to play next weekend

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, like you said, a costly win but it is a win.

The rubber will meet the road next weekend. I will be very surprised if Swift is back for LSU. Herrien, Cook, White, and McIntosh will need to step up and carry the load. I'm not as concerned about missing Swift for LSU, because we are going to HAVE to air it out more than we want to in order to have a chance against LSU. It's pretty simple. We've got enough other RBs to hopefully get just enough of a run game going to balance out the attack. It's a tall order, but with a small miracle we can win the game. Heck, it's a home game for us!!

GO DAWGS and wishing D'Andre a quick recovery.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shoulder injuries are the worst. Why on earth didn't Smart pull him earlier...Tech had no chance against Georgia...even againstUGA's second and third string, it was a scrimmage. Pickens should be benched next week. What stupidity.....with LSU next weekend and he pulls a stunt like that. Well, it's been fun....but the fun is done! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thought the Dawgs came out trying to be too cute throwing the ball. If ever there was a game when we just needed to stuff it down their throats, today was the day. We finally got the running game going and if not for those first half turnovers, we would have had 1-2 more TD’s. Seemed like Kirby read them the riot act at halftime as the team came out much more focused and ready to kick butt. I was really glad to see the game in hand and Stetson Bennett at QB with over 3 minutes left in the third. Lots of players got to play good minutes in the fourth. Really excited to see both Simmons and Woerner score TD’s today. Overall great game by the Dawgs. Look forward to an exciting SEC Championship next Saturday!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Fromm’s issues of late is that he is not trusting himself. He needs to get the ball out quicker. He has been throwing a tad behind his receivers allowing db’s to close. I think a lot of that can be solved by trusting himself and the receiver. He made some really good throws today but he is missing a good bit on passes he did not the prior 2 years. If Swift is unable to go, the offensive line is really going to have to step it up and gap the hole a little bigger and a little faster.

i don’t think we need to forget about McIntosh either.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Fromm is still afraid to lose....unsure. After three seasons.. unsure?He did a creditable job second half but is now several games below 50% completion.Too late now, so hopefully he will just let it go next weekend. I do not understand his regression. Most QBs improve...guess it is the style of play UGA has espoused....the receivers are really sideliners in the big games. QBs lose cadence if the games are not a variety pack. Fromm made a couple of good throws for TDs. Looked like his old self for a while. Always hope!

Good news...Swift is cleared to play against LSU!!!!! Pickens is in football penalty box until second half of SECCG.....he has got to simmer down for the sake of his team and fellow players. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Fromm's troubles are b/c of the young receivers. He doesn't seem trust them to be where they need to be or run the routes properly, so he's not confident in his throws, except for the back shoulder routes. He knows that on those routes the only player who can catch it is his guy. He's having to babysit the receivers, which is why he's tentative. He needs to just put the ball where it needs to be and let them go get it.