Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football set for Top 5 matchup with LSU after latest AP, Coaches Polls

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football set for Top 5 matchup with LSU after latest AP, Coaches Polls

The Georgia Bulldogs picked up a 52-7 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday. The LSU Tigers won 50-7 against the Texas A&M Aggies. Both teams meet this coming Saturday in Atlanta to play in the SEC championship game, and both schools will be ranked in the top-5. Georgia (11-1, 7-1) remains at No. 4 in both the

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If LSU wins handily, UGA will drop to 10th at best...below Alabama.....IMO. The CFP Committee is just waiting for UGA to lose another game. Could be wrong but don't think so. Off to the "Belk Bowl" again...figure of speech. UGA vs Minnesota or some other loser. Won SEC EAST but Lost to LSU, Bama and Texas last year...giving Dawgs a three-loss season. Hope not same losing scenario!!!!!!! ALL hopes and dreams ride on the LSU skirmish next Saturday. One can dream.......GO DAWGS!!! (I hate these Richt-like bridesmaid seasons!!!!!!!)

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love Fromm, but for Dawgs to get to next level, you only need to look at the difference Burrow made to LSU

• ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

The ranking means absolutely nothing. Georgia controls its own destiny. Beat LSU and we are in. Lose the game and we don't deserve to be in the mix. My guess is the team totally understands the scenario.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we lose to LSU, then we either play Oklahoma/Baylor in the Sugar Bowl or Virginia in the Orange Bowl, imo. It all depends on whether we end up ranked above Alabama.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The new offensive coordinator at LSU took a very good QB in Burrow and created a monster. It's what good coaching is all about. And then there are the LSU receivers. They are second to none. They get open and they catch everything. I seriously believe Fromm could have been put into that system and played as well as their QB. Jake doesn't scramble as well as Burrow and Burrow sees the field better than Jake, perhaps because he has more time to throw(better offensive line) and he throws many balls up for grabs he knows his guys will go get. Amazing what cutting edge coaching can do for a QB with elite receivers(see Justin Fields). Think about that coach Coley.

• harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

Out of all the comments about beating Ga. Tech

One was missed, we’ve been close to it this season but not to the extent it was in this game….NO PENALTIES…zero…nadda…NONE. THAT is outstanding. Of course it helps when the opposing q’back can’t hit a barn. But it’s still PROGRESS.

Bama/Auburn….Bama>96 yards. This is what has been so uncharacteristic of a Nick Saban team the last few years. His teams on both sides of the ball have committed a ton of "mistakes". They are not the team "of old" either, and that’s one reason why. Way to go UGA…keep it up.

Having said that, we unfortunately are going to have to be on LSU like stink is to sheep, just remember; watch your receiver, let him tell you if the ball is coming to him, then just turn around and at the same time KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM.

We can’t afford to lose anybody to getting kicked out of the game> having said that, they may try to "bait" you into that scenario…don’t take the bait.

We CAN win this game…and wouldn’t that disappoint a lot of people, especially all these self proclaimed "sperts" that already has the teams playing in the CFP AND the bowl games…they already have us losing to LSU. Besides, we have the talent, I just hope he turns Jake loose and let him relax and regain his confidence.

For all you freshmen receivers, keep your eye on Jake AND the ball. He

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Anything is possible. We beat Auburn and held them to 20 points. Bama loses to Auburn, and the War Eagles score over 40 points.

Our biggest challenge will be containing and stopping LSU RB Edwards-Helaire. He is a monster that is tough, fast, and catches the ball out of the backfield OFTEN. Most times teams forget about him coming out of the backfield as a receiver. We're going to have to put someone on him all the time.

If Kirby mixes it up, we can find some kind of halfway decent running game, and Fromm can find a few open receivers then we have a chance. I'm not really worried about our defense, but I seriously doubt we can stop LSU from scoring some TDs. BUT, we can maybe slow them down. If we are able to work the clock, convert 3rd downs, and make long drives to score we will have a chance to win. And we will need TDs - not FGs.

We need a perfect game which we haven't had all season, so I know I am asking a LOT. But, you gotta have faith!

GO DAWGS!!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The transfer portal wouldn't have stopped him from leaving. He didn't want to sit that's his choice. The Dawgs are fine without him. We will beat Lsu with this special defense