Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

By the numbers: How SEC Championship Game combatants Georgia and LSU stack up

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageBy the numbers: How SEC Championship Game combatants Georgia and LSU stack up

Georgia brings the SEC's top defense, and LSU boasts the league's top offense, a deeper dive inside the teams' statistical numbers

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent, but we'll see what happens on the field as you know.

Go, Dawgs!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That pic makes me hopeful that Nolan Smith will have a huge day keeping Burro on da ground!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stats are important, they reveal a resulting trend, but cleats on the ground that day tell the final story. My concern is that UGA is still looking for players to fill gaps and weaknesses..such as "discovering" James Cook could be the "spark" for UGA with LSU. It takes all season to conclude this? Cook is one of the fastest UGA players and cuts on a dime. So...use him in the backfield more opposite Swift. Switch out with Herrien...who needs to play as he is a senior. Come on...Coach Smart...this is it!!! Possibly the last hurrah this year....pull out all the stops. Don't be conservative with LSU. Rip it!!!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS!

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Burro is a smug **** son-of-a-gun with all his hand gestures and taunts on the sideline. He ought to get a 15 yard penalty for taunting the fans. Everybody in Losieanna treats him like a king. George Pickens defends himself from an attack by a GT player and too many UGA fans want to give him the snub and say how poorly he responded. If UGA fans don't adjust their attitudes about our own players we will get stomped on by Eleshu. Is this what everyone wants? Gentlemanly football? Football is war!! If we don't come into this game with a viscous attitude we don't have a chance. George Pickens did nothing wrong! He got jumped on and came out the winner. Burro stands on the sidelines making lewd and **** hand signals while"George the Warrior" waits his turn to get on the field. I'm here to tell you that one half with George Pickens is better than an entire season with a yellerdawg! Go Dawgs! Play Georgia football and nobody can beat us!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't care if LSU sets all kinds of statistical records on Saturday, as long as we have at least one more point on the scoreboard when the clock reads 00.00.

• NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Smart seems to draw up a good game plan in these big games when a spot for a CFP spot is in jeopardy.... sometimes execution and late game conservative play calling has resulted in a close loss

but LSU fans act like UGA shouldn’t even get off the bus because we’re going to get boat raced. I’m not confident we’ll win, but I’m confident we’ll have a game plan that will give us an opportunity to win. Need Fromm to show up like our defense has every game

go dawgs!!!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Burro the mule reminds me of Mayfield doing the throat slash in The Rose Bowl. Man, did that set us off!

Burro's antics started with the Texas game...totally classless.

I guess he won't go to Cleveland, but I hope he gets drafted by a serious loser team. Cincinnati might take him.

I know we've got big fish to fry this week, but I wish UGA would seriously appeal Pickens' suspension...even if it gets upheld...it might even help Pickens know that UGA is on his side, if he'll do it right!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ga is only averaging 25 points a game against the SEC and ND games. Playing 2 cupcakes and tech really helps the stats. And before anyone says anything, LSU is at 46.8 points per game against the SEC and Texas. And please no trash talking Texas, they held Ga to 21 points. Don't bring up players that didn't play or not really caring. Those are just excuses. What this means is that the offense is going to have to play their best. Better than any game this year. Control the clock and ball, keep LSU's offense off the field.And most important, SCORE TOUCHDOWNS.

If last year is any indication, if GA loses this game, they will probably lose the bowl game also. Especially if it's a close loss. Players and fans will be thinking they deserve to still be in the playoffs. Maybe they would, if THEY DIDN'T LOSE TO SC.

I hope I'm wrong and Ga's offense looks like it did all the way back on the first 3 drives against Vandy, when they scored 21 points. But like the old saying goes, that is why they play the game. So buckle up and strap up the helmet and get it done. GO DAWGS!

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

In last year's game as the clock was winding down, Burro was shown on TV with his two hands spaced apart like he was measuring something as he laughed-it up with his teammates. People can have their own interpretation of what Burro Joe was measuring.