Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Report: Colorado State to part ways with former Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageReport: Colorado State to part ways with former Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo

Following the 2014 season, Colorado State hired long-time Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo. And Bobo's time at Colorado State appears to be coming to an end, as Footballscoop.com is reporting that the school will part ways with Bobo on Wednesday. Bobo was the head coach at Colorado State for five seasons,

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder if kirby pursues him or McClendon as "analysts". Anything to wake up coley is welcomed. Or if coley to USF works out, that would be good too. Just that kirby needs to be a little more hands off with the offense, took Saban years to do it and when he finally did, it was night and day difference.

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

C'mon back home! Even if it's as "analyst". But let the other coaches handle the recruiting and evaluation, just stick to game planning and calling plays....

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry to see his time come to an end at Colorado State. I ran into Bobo at the Hilton in Fort Collins while taking my daughter for a college tour. He was happy to see someone wearing a power G hat. The place has a vibe much like Athens and is a really cool little college town, although the school doesn't compare to UGA. They have a nice new little stadium that seats about 41,000. I understand he was having some health issues last year, hopefully those are behind him now. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Rumor is Bobo to South Carolina as OC, but it's early.

I think the year Bobo had health problems did him in at ColSt. I'm not sure what they want there, they're giving up on a very good coach.

edited December 2019

Would love to see Bobo back at UGA. I think he's learned things at ColSt that will help him at UGA too.

His offenses at UGA had great skill players and balance. Put him with Pittman and LOOOOK OUT!!!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there is an OC in the country that Kirby will trust to run his offense without undue hinderence, it's Mike Bobo! Bobo is the perfect blend of a balanced attack...running the ball and opening the passing game without putting the defense in harms way!

Kirby may also trust Bobo to be the one and only QB whisperer. As it is now, we have Coley in one ear whispering, "Throw the ball downfield." and Kirby shouting, "Don't make a mistake!" in the other. Perhaps the difference in Jake this year has been Kirby trusted Chaney and didn't interfere. Not so much with Coley!

Come back home Mike! We need you and 40+ points per game!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to see Bobo not make it at CSU, but this has to be a no brainer move for Kirby. Get rid of Coley and hire Bobo as OC. I hope Kirby has at least reached out to him to get him back at UGA in some capacity.

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dump Coley and hire Bobo

• Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

We sure could use bobo. His offense with the defense we have just what we need.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if we wind up hiring Bobo (how do we gracefully fire a guy in Coley who, despite all of our complaining, has us sitting at 11-1 and in the SEC Championship game with a chance to go to the CFP)? But we for dang sure don't want to see him up at South Carolina, although at the moment, the record of former Bulldogs coaching at SC ain't looking too good. I think CKS should hire Bobo as OC and McClendon as an analyst (and maybe we get Thomas Brown, too) and I think we improve both our offense AND our recruiting. Somewhere along the line, our recruiting prowess has grown stagnant and in reality, that's about as important as this Saturday's game against LSU. I'm sure that Kirby and Bobo have talked, though, so the two of them know exactly what's going on, even if us fans never will. Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not ready to dump Coley just yet. Where would LSU's offense be had they lost every starting receiver from last year, and then lost their best to injury down the stretch...

It would be interesting to see what a Bobo offense would look like with a great offensive line. That was the downfall of Richt's - Bobo's offenses, they never had a great line.

edited December 2019

DallasDawg - "Somewhere along the line, our recruiting prowess has grown stagnant "

Are you kidding me?? We currently have a top 5 recruiting class with 15 commits and we have several TOP recruits coming in before the early signing period. I expect several of them to commit to UGA. We will finish top 5, probably top 3 this year. I would love for Bobo to come back home, but to say we're slipping in recruiting is WAY off-base. UGA will be just fine with or without Bobo. I think he would be a great addition to our staff and when you combine him with Pittman.....LOOOOK OUT!!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK, @MACDAWG. If as you say, we finish with a Top 3 or even Top 5 recruiting class, I will stand corrected. Always good to get better information and insight and I don't mind admitting I was wrong if it benefits the Dawgs. But right now, it doesn't FEEL like we're Top 5. Believe me, I sincerely hope you're right. Guess we'll know for sure come Dec. 18. Go Dawgs!

Blame it on a faulty memory. Wasn't Bobo the best man in Kirby's and Mary Beth's wedding?

Something I am sure of: The most prolific years in UGA history in putting up points and scoring TDs came under Bobo's watch. He has the top four years in TDs and points and five of the top eight years in UGA history. Bring that Dawg home! Coley can be happy with co-OC and running game coordinator or move on. It's about the team!

DallasDawg

You're a DGD, dont' get me wrong. I am looking at the positive and basing my comments on what I've heard and seen on the Internet. Just today, I looked at our current commits and thought WOW. I follow recruiting, as much as I can, and I have a feeling that we're going to sign some big time recruits this month. I expect us to sign 1/2 big time WRs, 1/2 big time DBs, 1 RB (strong), 1/2 TE (at least one really big time one) and the rest is gravy. (BTW - Brodrick Jones just picked up his 5th star recently.) People look at the WR we lost today and it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think we have some really strong options at signing an even stronger WR....or maybe two. There was a reason Wren decommitted from UGA. Nothing against him, wish we had him, but he's gone now. Put the new recruits with what we already have and the WR room just got a lot stronger!!

Bingo MACDAWG! To be top five in recruiting with only 15 recruits speaks to the quality of commits we have! We are tied with Clemson for top average per commit in the 247 composite!

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Let's slow the Bobo train guys. Remember a guy named Deshaun Watson? Apparently Bobo and Richt didn't think he was good enough to play at UGA. And I'm not sure if Bobo was around for any of the Trevor Lawrence recruitment, but we know how that went. Coley, I believe, is a much better recruiter, and like someone else said, who would have done much better loosing so many offensive weapons and particularly at one position. Plus Coley has that south Florida connection that has proven quite profitable.

Even with a whiff on Watson, I remember Stafford from Texas and Murray from Florida. Bobo can recruit nationally!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You bring up some great points about Coley, but Georgia is in a lot better place now since Kirby's arrival. Bobo is a south Georgia boy, who can certainly recruit south Georgia and Florida well. I've always liked Bobo, and felt he hasn't been given a fair shake. I am one who would love to see Bobo back running our offense, should we part ways with Coley. Heck, I'd like to see Coley stick around, just not as the OC. LOL I think Kirby and Bobo could work well together. Two DGD running the show! Man, how sweet would it be? I'm tired of us looking like a well-oiled tricycle on offense. With the talent we have, we should be looking like a smooth-running Bugatti on offense. Of course, as with any coaching hire, there's no guarantee it would work out with Bobo, but I would dang sure be willing to give the man another shot at running the O. I just don't know if he has it in his heart to come back or not, or if he even feels healthy enough to do so. No doubt about it, it is a stressful job.

Come home, Bobo. The keys to the garage-kept Bugatti are on the table waiting for you!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT LSU!