Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Arkansas coach Sam Pittman references UGA in opening press conference

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageNew Arkansas coach Sam Pittman references UGA in opening press conference

Former UGA assistant Sam Pittman was officially introduced as the new Arkansas coach on Monday. Pittman met the reporters for almost 90 minutes, had plenty of references to his time with the Bulldogs, where he was offensive line coach for the last three seasons. Some UGA fans have been wondering whether or not

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Happy for the guy but it really bums me out that he is gone.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can't just hand it off and say go sic um.....say what..........LOL

• Options
    cbthomascbthomas Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Talking cash money shhh now huh.....it’s all good, he didn’t lie.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Dear Sam Pittman, you are correct. Unfortunately, our HC doesn't agree. I mean, if we cannot have a dominant offense with the line we have right now, when will we be able to run it up the middle successfully for a whole game?

But this is just "outside noise."

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Clearly after watchin his intro presser, it's very obvious how much that job means too him.

I don't want to be a nervous nelly, but I won't be able to relax until Dec 18 comes an goes without seeing any major O-line committ defections. I don't doubt besides calls with prospective hires, Coach Pittman is on the phone with the guys who committed too UGA via him.

Now it'll be interesting to see who CKS hires as the next O-line coach. Will this hire possibly signal a change CKS is doing a Sabanesque pivot and move in a new direction . Perhaps, perhaps not. I don't doubt he reaches out too his old boss seaking advice of how to best evaluate where the program really is.

That loss was less a gut punch an more of an eye opener. Time to use the time preparing too play our absolute Best game in the Sugar and send us into winter conditioning on the front foot. Dawgs rule!!

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty sure "Sic Em" is a Arkansas thing as well. One of their football forums is SicEm365. He also talked about he thought he knew recruiting until he met Kirby and saw recruiting at a whole new level.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

This last week has been a disaster, with one disappointment after another. The poor showing in the SEC Championship game, missing out on a much needed big time recruit, Blaylock's injury and now Pittman leaving. With all that, there is one thing that could salvage something good from the week. Bring Bobo back in some capacity. We need help offensively and we need someone with an imagination of what our offense could be. No, I don't really want to win games 52 - 50, but I would be happy with 52 - 10. 😎 😁

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In this secular fallen world the loyalty appears most often to be to the all mighty dollar. Pittman is getting paid and Pittman is already throwing UGA under the bus, Let's get great coaches that truly love UGA and pay them so much money that they wouldn't ever entertain coaching at a second tier program like that which is currently found at Arkansas.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to burst your bubble, but Bobo will be named new OC at South Carolina today

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's funny that our OL coach is against turning around and handing the ball off when the fact is, our OL, the line this man coached, couldn't open a hole with a shovel. Maybe he was against it because he knew that his players either weren't good enough or hadn't been coached well enough. That falls to him.

We say we'll miss him? Why? I hated our offensive line play this year. Maybe fine in the pass early in the year against lower level teams but dang! When it came down to it we had nothing in the line. Our backs got what they got, most of the time, due to THEIR abilities.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pittman is trouble for UGA...he is already slamming Smart...who treated Pittman better than most coaches...promoting him...the guy is a great recruiter...but, honestly, I do not think he liked Smart's coaching style. He will revolutionize Arkansas into a competitor. UGA will have to contend with a whole new Ark. team and look. When he left many said farwell, I said..uh oh! But change is inevitable in the NCAA carousel. Is Lanning next?

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

HE'S RIGHT!!!!!!

• Options

I'm not so sure you're familiar with the history of the SEC. I too am not overly excited with Sam going to UA but it certainly isn't the end of the world either. To your point of UA being something greater than they are today-please.

Revolutionize Arkansas? They are what they are and will always be; middling team at best. They may have the occasional good season, but long-term, no way-just like Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy, South Carolina and Mizzou.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Arkansas hopes Pittman will be the next Orgeron. He's more likely to be the next Matt Like as a head coach. No matter how right or wrong, you don't burn your bridges especially when you were treated & paid as well as he was. While he is a good recruiter, his o-lines in my opinion have under performed. As big & talented as the Dawgs have been up front, they should not have had the short yardage problems over the past three years. They should have been able to fall down and gain three yards!!

Additionally we saw Sat night why we had to rely on Swift so much. Without Cager & Pickens on the field together, there was no passing attach,. Fromm's favorite target has always been the long, tall receiver. Without them, he was lost.

• Options

What is with the fan of EVERY college football team? If someone, anyone disagrees with or doesn't speak in glowing terms of their respective team, it's them/him "throwing ...under the bus."

Also, people are free to leave for a better opportunity; who among us would not? One guy complained about us only being loyal to "the almighty dollar" yet in same sentence, he suggests UGA just pay them more money.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck to Big Sam......I kinda thought we would never be able to keep him more than a few years anyway...That is the nature of college football these days...It is a little surprising that he was named head coach........Good luck to Luke.......As we have saw at Alabama, the asistants are just that......what really counts is the head coach.....saying that I am finding that I do not have as much faith in Kirby as I once did......He has the talent but it just doesn't seem to be on the same page.....I wish I could explain that....but I can't