Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: Justin Fields addresses UGA's offensive woes

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: Justin Fields addresses UGA's offensive woes

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is about as honest a post I have read from about the Fields/Fromm situation, I respect that highly. However, I have to digress on the draft comparison, there will be none. At this point, Fromm will become UDFA.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why are we still talking about Fields , Eason , or Batu for that matter ?

Maybe dedicate a whole show to how CMR might should have kept Metlenburg over Murray

Yawn

I thought this was about UGA football not about past QB transfers

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Might wanna throw Eassons name in the mix also

I am betting Fromm is the last of the three taken

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019
  • UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really don't have a feel for how the NFL sizes up Fromm? Jake is not useful in wet conditions...NFL quite aware. This year completed under 50% of his passes... I think that stat was....in three or more games. They may draft their potential in him. I just don't know. IMO..he is at UGA another season.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Follow-up: What does anyone think of UGA QB Commit Carson Beck? They say he is a pro style QB..pocket quarter back. Hummm? We need a scrambler!

• joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

JimDawg85

" Kirby was deathly afraid of having a QB Controversy...........So he never really gave Fields a chance to run the offense......."

The irony is the "controversy" increased. The specter of Justin Fields is still lingering over Kirby Smart.

I think Carson Beck is more of the Jake Fromm model, I agree that at least bring in a Bo Nix level athlete back there, or that QB at Texas that ran all over us last year in Sugar Bowl. Kirby best hope that LSU or Clemson wins it all, but next year will be even worse when Fields has more experience against whatever we plan to do next year, which is more of Fromm, I assume.

Greg Ward Jr. would be ideal if Kirby were to actually promise him a shot at the starting job.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder why didn't CKS allow Justin to split snaps in the first 4 games like Swinney did with Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence in 2018? After 4 games, Trevor Lawrence took the decision out of Swinney's hand by outplaying Bryant. No controversy, no conjecture, no question about who the best QB was. This route may have been a better way to put the Fromm/Fields issue to rest.

• tpharistpharis Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

So who really cares what Justin Fields thinks about the UGA offense?