Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Probably my last UGA game....

dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is not a reflection on the way the game went, but just the cost of tickets to games. College football makes millions off of TV and corporate sponsorships. I am a family man with 3 kids, a wife, a mortgage, two car payments, and we are paying for 2 kids to go to college. I just can't afford to pay for tickets and a $73 processing fee per ticket anymore. So for those that can afford, enjoy, but I am feed up with it and just can't do it anymore.

Comments

• WintonkWintonk Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

I told my kids that if they want a college education, then they better find a way to pay for it. I have my MBA and my wife starts at the University of Iowa for her MBA next quarter and our parents didn't pay for our degrees.

Remember that retirement is a guarantee and that a college degree is not.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've gotten free tickets a number of times. Once my wife went to the 7-11 on a Saturday morning to get a newspaper. While she was there a guy came in and announced he had two tickets to give away. She brought them home, I called a guy friend, we barely made it to the game for kickoff.

Mostly I watch the games on tv, but I love to attend the live games when I can. Although pricey tickets are beyond my pay grade I had the opportunity this season to buy four almost front row almost 50 yard line tickets for $40 each, for the WLOCP. Unfortunately I was sick and couldn't do it.

Bargains come around!

Go, Dawgs!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cupcake games are usually very cheap.

• dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

That is what I was trying to say, but I just didn't word it right. Working families are getting hammered with higher education cost. And yes my kids do pay some of their own cost, but I pay majority because I will not have them leave college with student debt. That's starting life with one hand tied behind your back. If I can get cheap tickets every once in a while, yes I'll go, but I will not pay a $73 per ticket processing fee again. We just went to a Braves game in September and only paid a $10 per ticket processing fee with the same company. If you can afford it great, happy for you, but I just can't do it anymore.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I get that the experience is not the same but there's a lot to be said for watching on TV. Bathrooms a lot closer. Seats are more comfortable. Beer is cheaper and colder. Food/snacks better and cheaper (and better selection). Not to mention no traffic.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4k projector on a 150” screen with 7:2 surround sound. Bathroom 10 feet away. Frig close by. Massaging heated recliner. No traffic. 60” plasma to watch 2nd game.

Last live game was Bama in a driving cold rain, a beatdown and 1.5 hours to get home. I liked going to the games but this works SO much better.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice! I honestly don't know how big my TV is but if I had to guess it's 28 inches, maybe 30. Flat screen. Normal sound. Bathroom about 15 feet away. Same with the fridge. Regular sofa. No recliner. No traffic inside. Have a 2nd TV, but it's in the bedroom.

I was at that Bama game too. Painful. But I still like going.

Cheers!

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watch’em on TV. No shame in that. Doesn’t make you any less of a fan.

Every once in a while, GO to the actual game and buy cheap tickets for one of those cupcake games, and that’ll satisfy your fix. Or, it’ll affirm why you stopped.

I’m not “there” yet, but I can see the attraction of staying home & watching the game....which, BTW, will not be free in the future. But I think it’s pretty funny how everyone that does stay home uses the same old things to justify it....my bathroom is 2 feet from my big, huge, pillowy recliner..my beer is frigid..got a 7-11 store worth of snacks...watching the game on a 360 degree Dolby sensoround IMAX 888 inch screen...and free parking in my climate-controlled garage!

Well.......okay.