Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's Kirby Smart provides updates on Jake Fromm, Sugar Bowl practices

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia's Kirby Smart provides updates on Jake Fromm, Sugar Bowl practices

Georgia coach Kirby Smart provided an update on where QB Jake Fromm is at in the NFL draft evaluation process with Sugar Bowl approaching

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I mean really. We all know Jake will be back for his senior season. I don't know why this is even a story. It will not be surprising to me, if and when he makes this announcement. He's Kirby's boy and Kirby has ran off all of his legitimate quarterbacks for next season and the future.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need a mobile web with a good arm.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hope Jake stays gets a chance to up his draft stock but I get it if he doesn't. He's got some great guys coming in but they're still going to be freshmen and with Blaylock out only 1 or 2 top line receivers. Maybe pick up some WR leadership in transfer portal

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems some of ya'll wish CMR was back. Never play for the SEC. Don't have to wait till December to know your out of the play off. Not more than one or two thinking about the draft. Makes holiday planning easier when you know you don't want to go to the _______bowl.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...and for the reasons stated, Kirby will never be able to sign any blue chip receivers. Oh, wrong about that, too. Kirby signed four yesterday!

• Options
    oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Fromm stays and spends his winter and spring fixing his mechanics instead of hunting.

But if he goes to the NFL, bring on Carson Beck. Seems like the guy is aggressive at passing into tight windows. Need more of that and attacking the middle of the field and less of the back shoulder fade to the sidelines.

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

I would settle for one that doesn't get tackled by another player laying on the ground.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let the man hunt....UGA opponents! LOL I would like to see Fromm and Beck in a QB skills contest. There is a marked difference in style and viewing the defense. Beck tends ...to me...to be more of a Fields type QB...from what I have seen anyway. But, if Fromm remains at UGA....he is the pick. No question.

I am looking beyond the Sugar Bowl.....we have a decent crew of good recruits. Hopefuly 2020 will become a harbinger of good news for Dawg fans.

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

First of all, I never stated that he wouldn't recruit and/or sign any wide receivers. Receivers were never in my comment. Please, read with comprehension. What he will not sign is tight ends because we don't utilize them for only blocking unless they are willing to be blocking tight ends for this team. But, if you like continued mediocrity with Richt 2.0, then by all means continue to drink that Kool-Aid. If you allow Kirby to be comfortable he will be Richt 2.0 or worse Ray Goff 2.0. Until this team shows me on the field CONSISTENTLY that they are going to be the more dominate team on OFFENSE and defense to compete against BAMA and Clemson, stockpiling all these 5 and 4 star talents is just an exercise.

• Options
    AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why does all the fans keep bringing up ridley’s decision to leave as a mistake. The kid went in the fourth round and has been active for every game. The league minimum is over 500k a year with nothing being guaranteed health wise you can’t expect a young guy to pass on that. It’s only a bad choice if you don’t make a roster if people don’t like it get on board with paying these kids in college.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly I don't care if Fromm moves on or not

He improved in year 2 then took a large step backwards in year 3 and the celling to where he can go is only slightly higher than what we saw in year 2

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think he declares for NFL. Next year is even heavier competition for him in the draft. Too risky on his part as next year could even be worse or better but that's a huge risk to take. Just my opinion. I am sure he will go by what his handlers tell him then he will make his decision.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Fromm comes back !

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My question is: Did Ridley come close to maximizing his potential last year? Unequivocal "No". The year he would have had this year could have boosted him from fourth to first or second round. The difference in guaranteed $ is immense!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, can you imagine what Ridley would have helped us achieve if he had had a long season without injury?

Injury is the big question mark.