Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bowl game prices???

Cclark91Cclark91 Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After looking at some of the bowl games, I had no idea there was a smaller bowl going on at the Benz tomorrow (celebration bowl). Was thinking of taking my dad. He hasn't been to the stadium yet and to just watch some football. Cheapest price was $48 before the fees. I was curious to the price of other major bowls. When I searched up the Sugar Bowl for **** and giggles I was left speechless when I found tickets for a WHOPPING $6 (parking pass was $25). Can somebody please explain this to me. Is it just the amenities we have around atlanta?

Comments

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't help with an explanation as to the prices but the Celebration Bowl is usually a good game. You should go.

• Cclark91Cclark91 Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yea we are going. Perfect opportunity to want some ball and enjoy the awesome stadium. I was just dumbfounded with those findings?

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got 4 tickets for sale for the sugar bowl.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sugar Bowl tix going for $6 on StubHub.

• Cclark91Cclark91 Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know. While the celebration bowl is $48 before fees. MIND BLOWN

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take the $6 price for the Sugar Bowl with a grain of salt. @NOVADAWG posted his $200/ticket ask (for choice seats) on another thread. Someone might be willing to pay that. This is kind of an apples and oranges thing.

$48 per ticket is a solid deal to go see Alcorn St. vs. NC A&T at the Benz. I'm glad you're taking your dad and I hope y'all have a great time.

I watched Eddie Robinson's Grambling teams for years, with stars such as Doug Williams and Charlie Joiner. I also remember watching Jerry Rice and Willie Totten play for Mississippi Valley State. You never know who might be the next big thing.

Have fun. And maybe let us know if you see someone who stands out?

• ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it’s just that the fan base isn’t excited about playing in the Sugar Bowl again. You’re playing in the same bowl game for back to back years. You’re playing a team that no one outside of Waco Tx cares about. And your best players aren’t even excited about playing in the game. To the point of them just sitting it out, to not risk injury before the draft.

After Georgia lost to LSU I was really hoping Florida would jump them by the committee. Florida would and it’s fans would be excited to play in the Sugar Bowl, and Georgia could have played in the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl for the first time in a really long time which would have been really exciting.

The playoff system has just ruined bowl season. None of the games matter now beside 2 of them, and the good players don’t even want to play, it feels like.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia laying an egg and walking through the motions last year at the Sugar Bowl is why there is extreme disinterest in this years game.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was surprised how inexpensive the peach bowl is. Half the price of the seccg

• CFPTitle_DawgCFPTitle_Dawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I appreciate this thread. It made me curious to go look at Sugar Bowl tickets on StubHub. I always wanted to sit really down low on the sideline, just to see what it is like. I realize that the view of the field is probably very obstructed.

There were two on row 3 in the middle of the Georgia sideline side for not terrible $ - probably below face value. Snapped them up and will be heading over Jan 1. Thanks!