Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree this year felt like an underperformance especially on the offensive side. I think our d-line will be border line elite next year. Our LB’s will be great. Hopefully stokes comes back cause our corner’s will be great as well. I’m a lil concerned at the safety position cause we have unknowns there. I’m thinking Reese and Cine will start but nobody knows until spring and summer workouts. I’m a lil concerned on the o-line based on new guys and I think CML will bring a new blocking scheme to this team as well so idk how long it will take those guys to adjust to it. Rb’s we have elite talent there but nobody looked like the next guy up after swift so right now we don’t know who will be that guy for us. And the biggest question mark and the most important position on the field is qb, nobody has a clue on how anyone will perform if Fromm declares so I do have concerns but not talent concerns. I think our coaches can coach em up to an. 10-11 games next year. I’ll add this I really want our qb’s and wr’s to practice all summer long together and build a connection cause we know what LSU did over the summer.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think losing the 2 Safeties is gonna be a bigger deal than anything (considering our lack of pass rush from our DL in the CKS era)

Also

We have less WR depth heading into 2020 than we did at the start of the 2019 season (post Holloman departure). Went into the 2019 season with 10 and right now are projected to only have 9 for 2020.

4 new (14)

2 lost (12)

1 injury (Dom) (11)

2 unsure if they stay in the position (Tongue/Blount) (9)

2 with 0 production through 18+ months on campus (Landers/Bush) (7)

That leaves Kearis Jackson, George Pickens, Demetrius Robertson as your only WRs heading into 2020 with any kind of productivity.

IMO we NEED 2-3 grad transfer WRs & D’Eriq King.

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

When do updated player rankings for 247 come out? Anyone know

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It'd be beneficiary for Fromm to return if you think you can work the run game back towards what it was in 2018 overall (and it's not just having better depth at RB, it's also getting the interior run blocking back to what it was and WR blocking). In that case pulling back some in games in doubt on passing more (but not totally), would work and put out a good offense.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm not going to let the backup QB run offense (which was the other thing seen in 2018). If there's garbage time I'd let Beck come in and run offense for more than a couple drives.

If you're doubtful though about where you think the run game is going to be, then I do say it's time to move on and potentially take your lumps.

At least as of now before I've seen other moves (NFL, besides the ones that I feel comfortable about saying, coaching moves like if Grantham stays in Gainesville for one example, etc), I'm kind of wishy washy on how I feel about this.

Top freshman RB talents are usually ready to play. If Zeus isn't his old self, you can get a fair bit of run from Milton/Evans if needed.

If Kindley and Cleveland stay (at least right now it sounds like he will), when they've been themselves they've been very good at run blocking.

Then on the other side...

Transitioning away from Pittman's style of blocking might be an issue as I remember transitioning to his style had some shaky results in 2016.

If Grantham walks from Gainesville, and there's always a chance it happens with how he rolls, I'm going to be very nervous about what happens in Jacksonville. Kirby's defense does "own" Dan, but from how I see things, Grantham's way of calling defense has been very costly to Florida in these matchups and I'd probably say even more costly than how Dan does vs Kirby.

At least for now, besides the Florida/Grantham question, I'm doubtful about any other problems besides that trip to Tuscaloosa until I see more information.

• Options
    uga_nomad12uga_nomad12 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Part of me thinks that having new guys taking over (on offense, in particular) will necessitate a more simplified offense....which will hopefully result in more slants and short passes....which will then allow our more talented, speedy WRs/TE/RB to make plays in space.

I like our odds of performing well with this scenario. Just hope the team puts in the effort to make those connections and develop trust with each other early on.

• Options
    NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They just released updated 247 composite rankings on 12/15. This reranking wasn't from Top247, so must have been ESPN or Rivals updates. Last year there were 247 composite rerankings on 12/14, 1/15, and 1/31 (1/31 was due to Top247, the others were Rivals or ESPN).

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy smokes. Jumped on to catch up and had 51 straight (and long) off topic posts. There are other threads on here. All love, but ****, fools.

(Yes, I do get the irony that my post is also off topic.)

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

People talking about what we might lose in personnel tend to skip right on by our inside LBer group it seems. If we lose Rice to the NFL as expected, then we are replacing both starters there too. Granted, we have a deep and talented ILB room, but experience lost is still experience lost.

• Options

With only hopefully 1 spot left there is little else to post on here. Most of the posts you deem off topic relate to determining the most needed position of that recruit. It is far more important to fill a perceived hole than whether that player is rated 120, 150. 200 or even 250 given. The need can and will be determined in short order whereas the real ability of the recruit wont be known for 1-2 years or more.

• Options

Evans would make 6 and CB now stands 12-6 UGA with latest addition (Biddy - Ark insider)

• Options
    darklangodarklango Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

100% agree, I just cant see the offense being worse.

We might lose LeCounte but defense should be better next season. Next season shouldn't be a down year. Albama is the only game that concerns me. We have Auburn at home and Florida is just overrated. We shouldn't lose to anyone else on our schedule (hopefully we don't have another SCjr game).

• Options
    HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What’s taking rusty so long to drop his cb on Evans?? Thought those guys got rewarded by earliest to submit?

• Options
    icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Any thoughts on who may be calling the plays? Kirby alluded to possible offensive changes. Given CML’s work with Rich Rod would he be an option as an analyst or on field coach?

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with this......and Kirby may not really know where his biggest needs are until after the Sugar Bowl.

This discussion has been closed.