Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A Georgia football Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageA Georgia football Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength

While recounting the origin story of Festivus in the classic "Seinfeld" episode, Frank Costanza shouts to the heavens, "As I rained down blows upon him, I realized there has to be another way!" And thus, the holiday known as Festivus was born. As depicted in the episode, the made-up holiday consists of the airing of

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't forget the shellacking Ole Miss put on us in 2016. 45-14. By a team that finished the season 4-8.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget that we were playing a TF QB that was incapable of taking a snap from under center and guard we brought in from Rhode Island to play left tackle in 2016.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Plenty of grievances to air this year when it comes to this latest disappointing season from Georgia. Good point Dawggy about the 2016 Mississippi game; that loss was atrocious. I would also add this most recent SECCG loss. There were enough missed opportunities that a more focused and hungrier team could have kept the score closer. Instead we dropped passes, missed throws, let Burrough escape too often, and our future 1st round LT gave up a sack that resulted in our QB being injured. I know our overall offensive struggles going into the game didnt help, but bottom line it was another **** loss by Georgia.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feats of strength:

11-2 SEC division title. That ain't horrible.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm getting increasingly concerned about the Bowl Game, hearing all of the negativity from fans and now seeing that tickets for the Sugar Bowl have dropped even more and now there are a ton of tickets available at $6 and pages and pages available under $10-$20. Six freaking dollars. Is half the stadium going to be empty?

I get that we are disappointed, but come on, get excited. We are playing the #7 Team in the nation, we are ranked #5 and playing in the prestigious Sugar Bowl on New Years Day. Compare that to Florida playing against a #24 Virginia in the Orange Bowl with tickets starting at $60.

If fans don't show up, we don't stand a chance.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

From what I've read, Kirby didn't say there would be "changes" after the bowl, he said there would be "annual evaluations" after the bowl just as there are every year.

As for Bama and Clemson, I seem to remember Bama getting beat by Ole Miss in back-to-back years. I also remember mighty (lucky) Clemson's season coming down to a missed two point conversion against a bad North Carolina team.

Grievance: the hiring of bloggers by DN rather than actual professional sports journalists. But, like Grizzard said back in the day when people complained about the AJC, "Hey, it only costs a quarter." Well, DN doesn't even cost a quarter, so as a reader of DN, I should expect to get what I pay for.

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not playing 60 minutes in a 60 minute game.

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

ShoottheHooch, what bloggers are you complaining about? Please do tell us.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirkhilles....it's not the fans...it is the depleted team heading to the Sugar. If UGA could field Swift one more time they would have a chance. Pickens was not even mentioned as membering the Sugar team? Three top lineman not showing I am hoping Fromm will show...Smart says he will? Cager and Blaylock no shows. Cook? Herrien? Jokingly, once I said we would have to borrow players from Baylor!! Or maybe Smart and Coley would have to suit up,..even big Luke....lololol.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The lack of real interest and focus by players, coaches, and fans in many of what has become second tier bowl games is just another reason to expand the playoffs making more bowls relevant. Having 40 bowl games in the first place is simply ridiculous (and letting teams play that only have 6 wins is just as crazy).

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @MontanaDawg . I think the only thing that will get the playoffs expanded quicker is if massive number of top-line players opt NOT to play in these non-CFP bowl games. If they expand playoffs, those guys will stick around and things will be alotg more interesting. And I agree with you that it is beyond absurd that we have nearly four dozen bowl games and teams can get in just by winning six (6) games (five in some cases). But that stuff makes ESPN money, so we'll probably get MORE bowl games instead of fewer.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

My quote from August 21,2019

They will become a good group, that will be fun to watch.. BUT, there will be some growing pains in the process that none of us will like,, such as dropping well thrown balls on 3rd down to end a series that should not end.....I'll be holding my breath, just like everyone else, on 3rd and 6, 7, 9, with the ball in the air for a little while....It will be fun to see these guys come together as a cohesive unit working in sync, blocking for each other on wide receiver screens near the sideline, knocking out a corner for a RB bouncing out, and some cool slants across the middle with the opp receiver taking a linebacker out of the play....Hopefully it doesn't take long to get em all on the same page.

I had a feeling it would be tough this year, but optimistic...but these guys, Blalock, Pickens, Landers, Cook, ,the new recruits signed, and those not yet played (Bush) will grow up and work in off season like LSU's receivers did this past year and become a force to reckon with. Go Dawgs

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So many variables to attach to this team...particularly one new coach. Many players leaving, new recruits with high energy and higher hopes...plus a new OLC..Matt Luke. He is what I call a player's coach...not a coaches coach. He will make a real mark on this team...IMO. He is a former head coach and I believe is potentially as good as CKS....hummmm! Okay, no way to back up that comment yet but watch and see. I believe he was on the verge of really coming to fore at Ole Miss. He will not just be another good but limited coach at UGA...oh no! That is why I give him two years in Athens. Ok...have at me....................................MERRY CHRISTMAS! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really hope Kirby makes some changes on the offense that include a good OC who can coach a mobile qb.