Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football QB Jake Fromm 'deals with the cards he's dealt'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football QB Jake Fromm 'deals with the cards he's dealt'

Georgia football players impressed with Jake Fromm's leadership at the quarterback position heading into the Sugar Bowl against Baylor

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Fromm has been dealt a winning hand??? Possible six starters out!! Hope UGA does not end up as Oklahoma did last night at the hands of mighty LSU!!! Even (injured) Justin Fields and vaunted OSU got stung by Clemson....again. Baylor is going to come out swinging, know it!! UGA subs will have to really shine to win this one. GO DAWGS!!!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

66, they aren't subs anymore. They are the future. Strange how there is no information available as to why so many players will be missing, i.e. Pickens. Kinda aggravates me, I think we the fans, supporters deserve to know what's going on in our program.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m excited about the O-line. Most of the players have played as much as any other teams starter. We rotate so much that itA not like they are inexperienced. I think our online underachieved based on the hype, was that Pittman fault or was it the players. I thought our line played slow and I expressed that here many times throughout the season especially on run blocking. It appears coach Luke has identified that also and has made them practice faster heading in to this game. He is pressing for more energy and playing quicker.

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Saw a video this morning from the Sugar Bowl practice yesterday in NOLA and Pickens IS there and IS participating in drills. If he wasn't going to play, he wouldn't be there. Pretty sure he will play.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MobileDawg...My meaning: they are not the regular go-to starters. Wrong choice of word....depends on how one sees it...huh?

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would like to see more snaps taken under center and fewer in the shotgun. It always struck me odd to have a big offensive line taking a step back as you do in the shotgun instead of exploding forward as you do in a down and set position. It also seems odd to always be starting your running plays 7 yards from scrimmage.

• DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Pickens wasn't listed as one of the players NOT seen during practice. So as pointed out below, should be there and should be playing. And I imagine Smart has kept it as secretive as possible so Baylor doesn't have the info until as late as possible.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many teams in America could go into a game with a top 10 team without at least 10, maybe 11 if Swift doesn't play, frontline players and have a prayer much less be a favorite? That includes three OL starters, the top two RBs, and your only proven quality WR. I believe that speaks volumes about how Kirby and the staff have accumulated and developed talent in four short years!

If ignorance is bliss, those that bash Fromm are the happiest people on the face of the earth!

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Accumulated undoubtedly...developed maybe not so much. And QB's always get too much credit or blame. Fromm is is good but not great QB and anyone who doesn't see his mechanics deteriorated this year just doesn't want to see. However, having said that, Fromm is a DGD and clearly a strong team leader. Unless we bring in a very good transfer (like the kid from Stanford?) we will be much better off with Fromm next year than without him.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Pickens playing?

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Probably after the Sugar Bowl, we will find out what happened to Jake Fromm after the UF game. I'm betting it's a torn rotator cuff or elbow problem. A guy who completes 75% of his passes for 2.5 SEC seasons doesn't forget how to throw an accurate pass.

• msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wouldn't trade Jake Fromm for any quarterback in the NCAA. He has the intangibles! I am thankful he is a DGD, I hope he stays one more year but certainly support him if he declares. He has given sweat and blood the last three years! I wish we could send all the fans that don't see his capabilities to the Big Ten where weaker schedules give them something that seems worth rooting more for. As for me give me Fromm and the SEC where he sharpens against the best! I believe he has already been vindicated in the outcomes of the playoffs knowing 1 LSU is the perfect storm and 2 Fields left because he couldn't beat Fromm out regardless of the struggles of this season. Fields Burrow and Lawrence were not forced to play with out there top 3 receivers and star running back in facing their opponent in the playoffs! Thank you Jake for all you have given to this football team! You are indeed a DGD!!