Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Georgia D'Andre Swift makes Sugar Bowl wish

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Georgia D'Andre Swift makes Sugar Bowl wish

Georgia tailback D'Andre Swift said if he had a wish, it would be that his shoulder injury could be behind him so he can play in Sugar Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I admire Swift's reasons for wanting to play, but if he is not absolutely 100% there is no way Kirby should let him see the field in a glorifide exhibition game. I am glad he is with the team! The Dawgs need his love, support, and encouragement...something the team is not getting from far too many fair weather Dawg fans!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a player. Swift is awesome. I appreciate his candor, honesty, and love of both his teammates and the game. I hope he can play. If not, I wish him the best going forward.

Is Pickens playing? I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere?

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fantastic young man.

Go Dawgs!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Swift is a DGD. Do what is best for you, young man. If you're unable to play, we certainly understand. Get healthy!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT BAYLOR!

• MountainDawgMountainDawg Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

what exactly are you calling a fair weather fan? If I say that the offense is terrible this year does that make me a fair weather fan? I see comments like that fairly often. I yell Go Dawgs if we win or lose, but I can also say that the team sucks if they indeed do **** and that makes me no less of a fan. (also I’m not saying that they do. A chance to go 11-2 is most years a good year, not this year however)

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

My wish for Swift is he gets about 10 carries for 70 yards or so including a 25 or 30 yard burst and one TD. I also wish he gets 4-5 receptions for another 30 yards or so and a TD. Go Dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know if I'm a so-called "fair-weather fan" or not. All I know is that I root -- and have rooted -- for the Dawgs through thick and thin, under Dooley, Goff, Donnan, Richt and Smart. Even when I was a kid growing up in GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA, I was a Dawg fan. My parents paid their hard-earned money for me to attend there (no scholarships) and I still give the school (a tiny bit of) my hard-earned money EVERY MONTH! So while I cheer for the Dawgs like crazy, I still feel like I have the right to say things I don't like or disagree with.

All that said, while I certainly appreciate Swift's candor and desire to play, I understand if injury prevents him from doing so. And I wish him the best. But I still say that there are SEVERAL others on this team that just flat out left (I won't use the word "quit") this team high and dry BEFORE the season was over (the Sugar Bowl is a part of the 2019 season) and that's not right. So what if you are a first-round draft choice; well the University of Georgia did A LOT, seen and unseen, to put you in that position. It didn't just happen. Someone, somewhere (a coach, a teammate, a student trainer, football operations staff member) had to make some sacrifices along the line to keep your dream alive. Believe me, it's more to a successful high-profile Power 5 program -- which UGA is -- than just the coaches and players we see every Saturday. We keep saying these non-CFP bowl games are just glorified exhibitions and are meaningless, but they must mean something to someone because A LOT of money is being charged and spent to put them on. And the kids that are playing, I think, take them seriously. It's a shame so many of their teammates apparently do not. Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If someone came to this site and didn't know better, judging from the comments, he would think the Dawgs went 2 and 11 rather than 11 and 2. Maybe "fair weather fans" is too generous!

Even when the Dawgs win, according to most comments, they didn't do it correctly.

Just watch, should the Dawgs beat Baylor, there will be very few positive comments. Then, if they lose, there will be eight full months of how Kirby has let the program go to hell in a handbag regardless of vying for yet another top recruiting class and the attrition experienced not just the past week, but for the past year.

I too am an alum of UGA. I too have supported the Dawgs through the Dooley, Goff, Donnan, and Richt years. Therefore, I see the big picture. I know without a doubt Kirby is building something special and the future has never been brighter for UGA football!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have one comment: D'Andre Swift is not only a primo ball carrier, but a gentlemen! A true Dawg....not like some of the others.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love swift. Always have since his commitment video. Great player, but even better person. Like said before, if he's hurting, don't play and risk a very long nfl career, which we know he will have. But the one thing that irks me is herrien. I think UGA was the ONLY FBS offer he had and he skips out on his last game. I've lost a little respect for him. I understand the other guys laying out, well besides Clark, still baffled by that one. But if Herrien skipped out to maybe get drafted, that doesn't show the "teammate" side of him. Especially since he already knows that swift may be out and cook was on the fence. And you know NFL exec's can say all they want about it being "OKAY" to skip bowls, but when you get to the next level, and your new team sees you skip out, they're not going to look out for you. If you come out as a great teammate, then they'll look out for you. Just my .02.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Herrien was one that failed a drug test, I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him skipping out for the draft.