Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH Georgia Sugar Bowl practice observations: New starters, position swap

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia Sugar Bowl practice observations: New starters, position swap

Georgia football tailback Zamir White could be in line for his first start on offense, while sophomore Otis Reese might start at safety in place of J.R. Reed

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Even with all these players out, this roster is still much better than what we had 4 years ago. I still have the expectation of being competitive and winning this game.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will take an experienced "B" Team over an off the charts talented "A" team with little experience...every time. To me, this game is setting itself up to be a disaster for any Dawg fan. D'Wan Mathis doesn't count because he has never taken a snap in an actual game. That leaves 15 players that have played in 2019 out for this game, 7 of those are full-time starters! Netori back on the O-line? Are you kidding me?! IF we win this game, it is because of coaching, not talent.

Losing Reed may likely prove to be the most costly single loss but if our receivers do not get open quickly, we won't be moving the chains too frequently. They will rush our O line ALL NIGHT. If you think Swift is going to play, you are more gullible than the media.

1. My predictions are a new receiver threat emerges or Pickens has the game of his life
    2. Fromm is on his back more times than I care to see
    3. Swift watches the entire game from the sideline
    4. Baylor breaks their current record of number of wins in a single season

No way Kirby is sleeping at night.

GO DAWGS, BEAT BAYLOR!

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

In that first drill, are they "tackling" like that on purpose? By that I mean are they supposed to hit high to prevent injuries? I hope that's not how they teach them to tackle, that tackling is terrible. That's a lot of folks out, but looks like Kearis Jackson will be back. My biggest concern is depth in the Dline. Baylor will probably try to wear us down there.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I find it extremely hard to believe that any of those were whole-hearted attempts - most likely just some kind of warm up.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

17 of 85 scholarship players. That's a full 20% of our roster. Yet, the future has never been brighter! For the players who are moving on, thank you for being the building blocks for the future. For the players who are not playing for other reasons, I hope this is a wake up call! There are going to be some talented, hungry pups in camp in August working their tails off to take a bite out of your playing time!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think several of the healthy scratches won't be around in August. Maybe they know who UGA has coming in and think it's better to move on. Then again, Mike Griffin made reference yesterday to some guys missing the game do to "failed substances tests," so maybe that is some of those guys and if so, missing the bowl game may be all or a part of their punishment for that. I hope so. Regardless of the reason, that's a lot of top-notch talent to be sitting on the sidelines. Go Dawgs!

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not trying to brag (because I never brag about picking a Georgia loss) but I called last year's Sugar Bowl based on the intangibles alone. While I didn't think we'd be *that* unmotivated, I did see us showing up flat. For this iteration, I have to say I'm encouraged from what I've read of the Dawgs' preparation. They do seem more dialed in, and I think Coach Luke is providing a needed dose of energy. That's not to say I'm confident going into this game (the loss to South Carolina all but guaranteed I'll never feel confident heading into a Georgia football game ever again:/), but I do think it'll at least be interesting into the 4th quarter this time. If not, then all of Griffith's dire predictions about perception may come to fruition.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man that is alot of players missing !

• oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

I might take Baylor and the points. Smells like my Dawgs don't care about this exhibition game (and I don't fault them for it).

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You recruit the best for a reason. They generally give you an edge on the field and often off as well. That said, when you lose this edge through heavy attrition before a bowl game....the scenario changes. Your 11-2 team becomes something less tangible and variables begin to kick in to fill the gaps. Thus the team as a whole can become an almost unknown quantity....ergo...you are found guessing as to what would have otherwise been pretty much a foreknown result....now, not so much. GO DAWGS!!!