Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit picks Baylor to upset Georgia, identifies biggest offensive issue

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageKirk Herbstreit picks Baylor to upset Georgia, identifies biggest offensive issue

ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit has analyzed the Sugar Bowl, and he sees an offensive issue for Georgia that leads him to pick Baylor

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoDawgs123456GoDawgs123456 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Anyone out for Baylor (NFL)?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya know Herb...it would not be an upset. Most of whom I have read are picking Baylor after hearing of UGA's severe player attrition. How can one team expect peak performance from a front line, defensive backs and running backs, who, for the most part, are non-starting players....while the other is at full strength...all in sync. That is not an upset. I hope the team UGA fields tonight beats they living crap out of Baylor and shuts up all these self-described pundits and naysayers once and for all! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

Wish we had a Derrick Brown on UGA, setting the example for other players in a bowl game. He exposes a culture problem.

• Options

That he does, GoDawgs123456.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we did not have so many starting players missing for this game UGA would roll. In light of the missing pieces, I too believe UGA will lose this game. I love my Dawgs but I am also a realist. Kirk is not going out on a limb for this prediction.

Go Dawgs, Beat Baylor!

• Options
    DawgOnTopDawgOnTop Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love how we have a lot of guys getting a chance to prove themselves this evening, but I also recognize that's the fancy way of saying our 4th quarter [of a blowout] players will be playing a 60 minute game against a top 10 team. I guess this is the curse of having upper-classmen with elite talent in a non-playoff bowl game. Too bad.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

It's funny...these bowl games - even the New Year's Day Bowl games which used to be SO coveted and special - don't really mean that much any longer. From what I heard, 25 players in these top bowls have chosen to sit out the bowl game.

One of the big reasons for not having more than (4) teams in the playoffs was to keep the other major bowls from becoming meaningless. Well, guess what? That's already happened, and instead of having more teams in the playoffs and using more of those bigger bowl games as the playoff games you now have (40) bowl games and 90% of them are less than meaningful. You've got teams with only (6) wins in these bowl games. Just plain silly.

If Georgia loses this game - what does that really tell us about the direction of Kirby's program? Does it tell us anything? Do we lay another egg like we did against Texas? Which team is still hungry for a win?

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn recruits keep talking about it's "family" over there. Derrick Brown perhaps gives credibility to that.

• Options

Hungry for a win? Baylor. It will be some sort of record for them. Meanwhile, UGA, 3 losses again! Static. However, there is the slimmest of margins that UGA could somehow pull this off....Matt Luke may have something to do with it.

• Options

Looking at other teams, I can’t find one that comes close to UGA in sit outs. Even Jeudy is playing for AL.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Before the season even kicked off, you could take it to the bank that the Auburn "family" would be a four loss team and one of those losses was going to be against Kirby's Dawgs! And, some of these UGA "fans" are enviable of anything Auburn? Laughable!

• Options

Auburn just got beat by Minn 31-24 in their bowl game. I am a bit surprised. Hope UGA fares better? Hardly anyone believes they will given the circumstances.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Come on shootthehooch, Aubu'n's gotta have something to contribute to college football that we can appreciate! Truth be told, if Georgia wins tonight, then last year's bowl no-show is water under the bridge. But if we lose, all the complaints and concerns about family, loyalty, and culture at Georgia will only grow. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgforlife

Chill bro.

I didn't say anything about Auburn being better than UGA.

Just saying, the dude is playing for some reason, other than sitting out worried about getting hurt. what reason would you give, if not for his team(family)? The fact that they lost has zilch to so with what I said.

• Options
    Roman13Roman13 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Strange how Alabama and Auburn kids didn’t skip bowl games, must be something in th water in Athens.