Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Kirby Smart: Bulldogs 'played really hard' in Sugar Bowl triumph over Baylor

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Kirby Smart: Bulldogs 'played really hard' in Sugar Bowl triumph over Baylor

Georgia coach Kirby Smart showed his big-game coaching abilities in the Bulldogs' 26-14 Sugar Bowl win over Baylor in New Orleans

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

A very interesting quote from Kirby about the disease that sets in at georgia. Obviously it’s drawing conclusions and being hypothetical but It’s possible he drew a line in the sand and said if you aint all in, your out! If this is true I’m sure he has hurt some feelings but as far as I’m concerned it’s a line worth drawing. It is so sad to me to see a half filled dome with a half filled starting lineup in the sugar bowl! Stinks knowing that’s where cfb is at. I can’t blame the kids who sat though I find some of the ones that did odd and I can’t blame CKS for demanding it his way. Go dogs. Hang around Jake! You ain’t half bad

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations to the coaching staff for an A+ job, especially Coach Coley!

The laying of the foundation for a natty is almost complete. The talent and skill is very, very close! Now the players have to learn a championship mind set in which Kirby is speaking.

"Those who are interested will do what is covenient. Those who are committed will do whatever it takes!" We saw committed Dawgs tonight! Those who weren't committed watched on TV!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I haven't seen this team perform this way since the sec title game (2017). Where did this determination come from? Is Matt Luke that influential? Should ZW, Kenny McIntosh and G. Pickens have been used more this season? Whatever inspired them, I hope it carries over into next season.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game for the entire team and coaching staff. Young players stepped up and filled the gaps. Our defense didn't skip a beat without a few key players, and Fromm and Pickens put on a show. I was impressed with Zeus and his determination, grit, and drive even on short yardage runs.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hats off to the coaching staff. They are the MVPs of this game. They got this team ready on all levels. That fake punt was impressive. Camarda has some wheels. I am sure we will something similar next season.

Proud of our dawgs!

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

You bring up a good point. Wonder how things will be when the players start getting paid? Probably more like college baseball.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA came alive! The whole team demeanor was charged. They played as if this were the CFP....almost. Fromm!!!!! Pickens!!!!! Zeus!!!! Defense!!! Offense!!!!!!! One could only gasp at the fake field goal and yes, Camarda has some wheels!!!

UGA needed this and did it with , many say, a crippled team because of the 13 no-shows. These young pups were savage dawgs last night. Kudos to the coaches: Smart, Coley, LUKE, Fountain.....like a bunch of reborn mentors. Please, no one tell me a bowl win (like this one) doesn't help!!!! I liken it to a story with a crescendo effect! Now, on to next season with the new recruits...hopefully Evans, Darnell Washington and Ringo included.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm as proud of this team as I am any I have ever watched...,.Keep it up team. Hope to see you next year.

• Options
    skipp3skipp3 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

The Offensive line open lanes,maybe Baylor was not a top team,better than the overrated,overweight first team did. Blocking was good bu all personnel. Maybe this what Kirby has ti do more often,put the hungry players in the game. Why is it the DAWGS c,ool off in certain quarters, You never see LSU,Alabama,Clemson even Notre dame doesn't slack off, and pour it on. We have the caliber to score more,and yet? One thing is certain,without a scrambling QB,, The defenses do not fall for hand offs, their eyes are on the runners. Our runners have fought for every foot with the first team offensive line.