Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following Sugar Bowl triumph over Baylor

SystemSystem Posts: 10,709 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers following Sugar Bowl triumph over Baylor

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers following 2020 Sugar Bowl against Baylor Winner: Jake Fromm It had not been

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A special congratulations to the seniors! A career you all can be proud of!

To the juniors who have a decision to make, the only draft grades that matter are the ones that come from experts associated with NFL teams! If ESPN talking heads, Kiper and McShay, we're actual "draft experts", they would be on NFL payrolls!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loser: People who have to be at work at 4:30 in the morning, lol.

But last night was great, glad to finally see some kind of passing game. Still seen the typical drops. Also, and I hate to admit this, but we got a way with a lot of stuff last night. But some of that stuff was BLATANTLY obvious. DJ Daniel needs to learn how to cover better. Too many PI calls on him this season. And he definitely got a way with a major one last night, would've been an easy 6 for Baylor if he hadn't pulled the undershirt. And gotta make you wonder with Hankton, kirby sure was riding him alot last night.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kudos to all the players last night - especially the seniors who played in this game. Lots of positive vibes and good things going into next season. Whether or not Fromm returns, we will have a loaded backfield and a plethora of good, capable receivers. We should be able to reload and make a run for the title.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Loser: Justin Fields thinking that he would join the cake walk conference and then adjust to the level of competition in the playoff.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loser- "Justin Fields thinking that he would join the cake walk conference and then adjust to the level of competition in the playoff."

Justin Fields played extremely well with a bum knee wearing a heavy brace. They didn't lose because of Fields, they almost took down mighty Clemson because of him . The last play was an interception but anyone who knows anything about football saw that on that play his receiver quit on the route. If he finishes the route, perhaps OS is playing for the Natty.

Only "losers" would talk about him the way you did.

• Options
    SoCalDawgSoCalDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Completely agree reddawg1. Justin had a great season with OSU and did well against Clemson, given his injury. He wasn't the reason OSU lost and he will be that much better next season.

That being said, I am rooting for the Dawgs to meet OSU in the 2020 CFP where we will beat the pants of the Buckeyes.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let me tell you, I’m super proud for LeCounte... he was open about his struggles last year coming into the season and really stepped up

his game and made some big time plays for the Dawgs this year. Will stink to see him go pro, but with as much as he loves UGA, who knows.

On a heavier note, anyone catch in Fromm’s post game with Holly Rowe he ended his responses saying something like “it’s BEEN great to play for this university”. Hope it wasn’t a cryptic message. Hope he stays.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lecounte's interceptions were great but if you watch his play the entire game you will see his tackling is borderline terrible. IMO, he should definitely stay for one more season.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Georgia! You reminded the fans what UGA is capable of and what the future holds. I'm sorry the fanbase turned so negative over the past month and for the first time this year we did not show up in New Orleans to support the Dawgs with a half filled stadium and clearly heavily Baylor filled.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hats off to the seniors....job very well done! Going to miss you! Hats off to the freshmen who played their hearts out...George Pickens, esp.! Hats off to the coaching staff, esp. the new UGA Energizer Bunny....Matt Luke! Now throw the hats in the air and GO DAWGS in 2020!!!!!!!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Absolutely valid points my man, but I am not a loser just because I don't respect an ounce of his transfer destination. He could have gone to a number of other schools and I would have cheered my butt off for him. To go to OSU with a bunch of 5 stars playing scrimmages against Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland etc. was the most disappointing thing I could see from a former Dawg.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"To go to OSU with a bunch of 5 stars playing scrimmages against Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland etc. was the most disappointing thing I could see from a former Dawg. "

You mean the Ohio St that crushed Michigan and beat Penn St. and beat Wisconsin twice(handily), a Wisconsin team who only lost to Oregon yesterday because of 4 turnovers, the same Oregon team that almost beat Auburn in the 1st game of the year except for a last second score .

You mean the Ohio St. team that lost by 5 to Clemson in the playoff game? A team that has won how many consecutive times?

You mean the Ohio St. team that beat Minnesota handily. The same Minnesota team who then beats Auburn in their bowl game. The same Auburn team who had defeated BAMA a couple of weeks ago ?

Yeh, their schedule doesn't match up to UGA beating Auburn, Texas AM, Florida, and Notre Dame. The same Notre Dame team we scraped by, and the same Notre Dame team that Michigan crushed, which was the same Michigan team that Ohio St. crushed. The same Michigan team that gave BAMA all they wanted for 3 quarters yesterday.

Just a bunch of cupcake wins for Justin in his first season starting. Right?

I don't care if you don't like Justin for transferring, that's fine. Be mad if you want, I guess, because he didn't make it hard on himself by transferring to Maryland or Nebraska, but who would? A fool maybe? But don't think for a minute that Ohio St. played all cupcake opponents, that argument won't hold up.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this is just ridiculous on its face. So if the kid transfers to Rutgers and gets his brains beat out, you would respect him. But because he transfers to one of the best teams in the country, he's a loser? So it's Justin Fields' fault that the other teams in the Big 10 can't recruit?

But I digress. This article had NOTHING to do with Fields or anyone who transferred or left the team. it's about the players on the team now, and with particular emphasis on those who stepped up big at the Sugar Bowl. Hats off to them and yes, especially the seniors. The ones who stayed, never quit and always gave it all they had. It was something to see Tae Crowder (the last Mark Richt signee) up on his teammates' shoulders. That kid fought through a lot to get to where he is now (a possible mid-round draft choice) and it was great to see him enjoy the fruits of his labor. Same for the rest of the team. In my book, the entire team that went out to New Orleans deserves to be called DGD's. Now on to 2020! Go Dawgs.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

It must be difficult to live a life of someone who obviously has some degree of racial bias in people and yet love college and pro football. A sport absolutely dominated by minorities. It has to require some other worldly level rationalization and hypocrisy. Just wow.