Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia Sugar Bowl star George Pickens: 'Improving every day'

SystemSystem Posts: 11,133 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia Sugar Bowl star George Pickens: 'Improving every day'

NEW ORLEANS — Georgia receiver George Pickens has come a long way this season, and the talented freshman has a long ways to go. That’s a good thing when one considers Pickens capped a roller coaster freshman season by winning Most Outstanding Player honors in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night. The No. 5-ranked

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very possible this young man holds almost every receiving record at UGA before his time is up in Athens..GoDAWGS!

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now starts the hard part for Pickens...can he stay focused during the off season

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crazy to think this time last year we were grieving Haselwood going to Oklahoma. If he signs with UGa we don’t get Pickens. Now we will have Pickens, Blaylock, and all 4 great incoming freshmen for years to come. Go Dawgs!!!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, how many times are you going to re-hash the incident with GA Tech's Swilling and GA's Pickens? It;s a month old, just give it a rest.

• BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yeah, I don't know if you heard Kirby say that Pickens loves to practice more than any kid he's ever coached. When you say focused, you must mean that we hope he stays out of trouble when he's not on the football field. I agree! 😬

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations Mr. Pickens, the world is yours, if you keep your head screwed on right. You'll leave UGA in 2 more years with all the receiving records(perhaps) and be a 1st round draft choice, and hopefully help UGA to a Natty. Just don't get the big head, be humble, and keep working hard at what you do. Please stay away from those that might pull you down and by all means keep up your grades. There will be a lot of temptation thrown at you. Just remember what lies ahead of you. You can do it!

What he said at his trophy reception was what every head coach would hope his star player would say. Well spoken sir!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of us had a visceral feeling that this young man George Pickens would eventually do great things at UGA...but...WOW... player of the game at the Sugar...as a freshman!!! This season has put him on a fast track learning curve and he learned well. Congratulations, Mr. Pickens. You will set records while at UGA! No doubt. You have already tied the school record for catches. Stay focused and continue "improving every day."

• TrippTripp Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pickens plays with a lot of emotion and sometimes that emotion can cause an over aggression, but we all learn from our mistakes or should and I have no doubt the Pickens I saw play last night, was possessed to make a difference about all this receiver talk. He played with a lot of emotion but not once did I see any indication that those emotions were having any negative affect on his actions. He was laser focused and driven.

He deserved that MVP and I thought his post game speech showed a young man that is quickly maturing into a great representative of UGA.