Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football report card: High marks amid key absences for the Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 11,156 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card: High marks amid key absences for the Bulldogs

Georgia football came through in the Sugar Bowl, earning high marks in a 26-14 win over Baylor in New Orleans on Wednesday

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the life of me, I can't figure out how Robertson was so highly hyped in High School.. Easy to be the man when you're facing little competition. Yet to show why he was so highly recruited. Hell, even stone hands Landers caught a tougher throw. I know the pass wasn't completely accurate to Robinson, but still hit him in BOTH hands.

• BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone know what is up with Tyson Campbell? He didn't play until the last series or two and Kirby looked like he was consoling him postgame. DJ Daniel has stepped up but had a rough game. Got beat deep several times when he tried to get his hands on the receiver and got lucky the shirt grab wasn't called. He also gave up 3 or 4 first downs on 3rd and medium to simple comeback routes. Not to mention the dropped interception right in his hands before Brewer got hurt. Heck, Matt Landers caught more balls thrown to him haha. Was disappointed to not see Campbell in there to get a shot when it mattered.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah it almost looked like he was playing hot potato. And why he didn't complete the catch while still on his back is beyond me. He just let it fall to the turf. I think kirby is gonna be in the market for a new WR coach. Especially with the way he was on hankton.

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, I'd like to see you include a separate category on coaching. It almost seems like your "Overall" category, at least in this listing, is all about coaching. I think coaching gets an A for preparation/motivation, game plan, and in-game decisions. I don't quibble with the overall A-. Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

The Team was ready to play and excited to be at the Sugar Bowl! Great job coaches and players!!

• Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

That was a great effort top to bottom. Sure there were a few issues but overall, A+ especially when compared too the Texas game last January.

CKS had 'em jacked up from the drop. The defense was playin like their @sses were on fire!

Very proud of new O-line coach Matt Luke. His passion and genuine enthusiasm was on full display. He did a solid job patchin together a line that would be up against a tough opponent.

I was very impressed with the outstanding play of George Pickens! He played with a chip on his shoulder without letting Baylor bait him into foolishness like the GT game.

I've made my views about the guys who chose not to play known in other threads, thus I'm not gonna end on a down note. Hopefully the impressive performance will help alleviate that issue should it arise in future bowls. CKS learned some painful lessons last January, he certainly applied them last night for a vastly improved result!

I'd be remiss if I failed too congratulate Hotrod. His stellar career in UGA Red & Black came to a solid close on the same stage where he had a very rare miss in the previous game against the 'Horns.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Georgia staff out-coached and out-schemed Baylor, and they had their team ready to match the Baylor intensity."

Yes indeed, Georgia out coached Baylor on all fronts!

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed. 13 players out and still got his team ready to play. Good job, coach!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kudos to all facets of the total team effort. "I love it when a plan comes together"....Hannibal Smith A-Team. (I know, it's been quoted before)....but seemed apropos. And what a grand plan it was. I think Baylor was impressed. All the negative hype and talk of UGA attrition..you'd think we were the Titanic. I admit getting caught up in it. The UGA coaches did their jobs and were rewarded.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We saw in the second half what can happen when GP gets doubled. Got to have another legit threat. Robertson should be the answer but there is no indication he is an SEC quality receiver. Blaylock needs a miracle for his knee to be healed by fall camp. As far as the new guys, Pickens and Blaylock showed what a challenge it is for freshman receivers to be consistent threats in the SEC, especially early on.