Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Zach Evans explains why he held off on his decision, praises Georgia football win over Baylor

2»

Comments

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

I think uga should take a chance on this kid if he screws up he will make Deion Sanders look bad for sticking up for him and uga will send him packing.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am just curious if the coach he beat down is pressing charges and UGA admittance is holding up on allowing him in school till the charges play out

Was it a simple assault or a beat down that led to felony charges ?

I personally have no idea just going on rumors and logic

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regardless of what happened, I hope UGA can give him a second chance to be humble and man up. I always respected how Marvin Lewis in Cincinatti for taking a lot of "projects" and teaching them to own their mistakes and learn from them.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wherever he winds up, this is not a good way to handle your business. I don't care if he is an 17- or 18-year-old kid. Here are some facts that I personally know about: UGA was all hot on this kid back in the summer, then he got in trouble here in Texas and UGA really backed off on him. We had Milton locked up and seemed to be content with that. Fast forward to the state championship game a few weeks ago. Evans was sent back to Houston (the championship game was played at Jerry Jones' stadium in Arlington) for violating team rules. Those rules involved his reported refusal to relinquish his cell phone to his coaches prior to the game, as all the players on his team were required to do. The coach had little to say about the incident afterward, but did say that while he "loves" Evans, no one is above the rules. This is about laying the groundwork and fairness not only for the current team, but those teams to come. (Evans' team won easily without him, by the way). Those things happened.

Then, from what was reported, in the run-up to this all-star game, Evans REPEATEDLY told reporters that he had ALREADY signed his LOI and that he would announce his decision during the game. This was confirmed when officials with the game itself (not Evans; not the media) but game officials notified the media of his announcement time. Then the news broke yesterday morning that he wasn't going to announce on TV. And then, when he's asked if he's already signed a letter, he first said he couldn't answer, then later said he signed a letter but did not send it in -- which, if true, means it's not valid and other coaches can still approach and talk to him.

I don't know what the truth is with this kid and his story, but I suspect we have not heard it yet. But so far, all we're seeing about it is drama. And history tells us that if you have drama coming in, you'll have drama coming out. These are the same type of players and actions that we snicker and deride OTHER schools about. Is this what we want for us at UGA?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

From the stories I've read, the coach asked the players to refrain from social media. All complied, except 1.. Guess who. Violated a team rule others obeyed, and suffered the consequences, as he should have. #1 RB or not, you are not above rules.

• Options
    edited January 2020

And notice the photo at the top of the article on the homepage... What's that in his hand? A cell phone.. Wow

• Options

If he's a DAWG, good. If not, UGA will survive just fine, as they have when other recruits didn't pan out

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he wants to be a member of an elite team like UGA, Bama, LSU and others he needs to realize he has to fall in line and be a good teammate and leader. If he's troublemaker and a knucklehead he might as well sign with Auburn right now. They LOVE those kinda players.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I was referring to Zachary Evans.. Not recruits in general..re-read the post

• Options
    edited January 2020

Article is not about other recruits 🤔 it is about Zachary Evans though.. So, I'm not wrong.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Did I say UGA coach??????? His High school coach asked for players cell phones, everyone but Evans complied.. And he suffered the price. Maybe I should've clarified it a little better. But the headline states Zach Evans, not recruits, hard to make it any clearer

• Options
    Roman13Roman13 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kid sounds like a knucklehead......... hope he signs somewhere else

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know all the details regarding Zach's situation, but uga dealt with troubled recruits before. Christian LeMay was suspended his senior football season and punter Collin Barber received a misdemeanor for hitting mailboxes. Neither player got into trouble during their time @uga.