Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia offensive lineman Clay Webb reportedly being sued for bullying incident

SystemSystem Posts: 10,547 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia offensive lineman Clay Webb reportedly being sued for bullying incident

Georgia football offensive lineman Clay Webb is reportedly being sued for an incident that allegedly occurred when he was in high school, according to a report

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just..WOW..may be why he left Alabama to go to college? Not a good way to start a New Year for this young man, but your actions created the consequences.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not condone bullying of any sort but this was over a year ago while he was in high school. Has he continued this behavior at UGA? Young kids do the most foolish things...I ought to know. He may be growing up at UGA? Oh well, another incident to mar a university student emerges from his past. Will await Kirby response.

• Options

No different than the incident with JJ Hollaman that took quite a while before charges were filed. Regardless if it's HS or College, what he did was wrong. I'm sure he regrets his choice, and wishes like hell he could change it. But that bed is made now. Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson from this, and it propels him into be an outstanding citizen. Kids make mistakes, granted, I did myself. How you address those mistakes is the key..

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My question is how will Kirby view this? This is a federal indictment if I read it correctly.

• Options

You're correct.. Article states that its a federal bullying lawsuit.

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was Webb a minor at that point? Or does it matter? Anyone who hasn’t made a wrong choice in their past let them cast the first stone.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All right, that's enough internet for me today.

Good night, and...GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some, because time between the event happening and UGA learning of such, wish to compare this to the Holloman incident. However, comparing the two is like the proverbial comparing of apples and oranges. Other than both being fruits, there is considerable difference. Holloman was a member of the team, and under the tutelage of UGA coaches. He was also older, thus (according to law), an adult. He neither broke any rules applying to athletes set forth by UGA football program, or UGA as a whole. He is also innocent until proven guilty, but what do I know, these days the constitution seems to matter little, if at all - no matter which side of the political isle you occupy.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a matter for the courts and if guilty the courts will ensure the plaintiff is justly compensated. Obviously, Webb's parents don't have the wherewithal to make this go away.

Before we crucify the young man in the court of public opinion let's remember errors in judgement in youth that is done in "fun" for some but has life altering consequences for others.

Case in point, reportedly, Peyton forcibly sitting on the face of the female trainer at UT wearing only a jock strap. Suit was brought but the Manning's did have the wherewithal to make it go away. Just as despicable, but now Peyton is everybody's Mr. All American!

• Options
    DawgsterDawgster Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

So apparently the kid that’s filing the lawsuit was stealing Gatorade’s from Clay and like anyone else Clay got enough and did what he did.. I was raised not to mess with a mans food and that kid learned the hard way

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well this has nothing to with UGA so let the man handle his personal business.he should not be suspended or kicked off the team

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

That type of stuff will get you seriously hurt in my parts of the world.....that is crazy.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If memory serves me correctly, Webb was the #1 rated Center coming out of high school; yet, he wasn't good enough to not take a redshirt. That is either a testament to our OL depth and/or giving him five stars on potential alone..