Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A timeline of events regarding Zach Evans, his recruitment and Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageA timeline of events regarding Zach Evans, his recruitment and Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The Zach Evans recruiting timeline and what it means for Georgia football Zach Evans is still a publicly

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it's colossally dumb to turn away future first round NFL talent, especially with Swift and a bunch of Olinemen gone and the 2019 offense being dreadful. We havent won a Natty in 40 years and I guess the UGA coaching staff felt like they couldn't mentor and coach the kid to success. Evans will play on Sundays one day soon and Dawg fans will wonder how we let this one get away (like Desean Watson, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields).

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, well, there's nothing else you can do - we've certainly made our case and have established ourselves as RBU. It's not like OL players like 5-star Broderick Jones and 4-star Sedrick van Pran that have not signed yet likely due to the whole change of coaching there. I am worried we'll lose Jones.

In terms of Evans, obviously you go after him, but as drama increases so does the risk of a toxic element coming onto the team.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

I'd rather have Kendall Milton, bigger and just as good as Evans..Plus Kendall WANTS to be a DAWG, don't see that with Evans, just drama..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

When you start a process with this much confusion(lies), there has to be a lot more bumps down the road. The young man has problems and we should all wish him well elsewhere!

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well... That's a LOT of drama lol

OK, so he's a teenager & having a hard time making a decision, but this guy seems totally unreliable, to the point his HS coach suspended him for TWO games for not following the rules. Does UGA REALLY want someone on the team with this mindset???

Doesn't seem dependable, & you definitely don't want that attitude being contagious to your team. One players' skill doesn't make or break a team, but their attitude can.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dude, Jeff detailed it about as well as it can be. The 'why' is it's a teenager that seems to have no rime or reason that's possibly been untruthful & can't follow the rules.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great talent but do we really need this trouble. Search for a 3 or 4 star with heart and loyalty and be done with this

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's a shame all around...but I still can't believe the "truth" hasn't come out about what really happened. Did Evans change his mind? Was his poor behavior just too much and the last straw for Kirby? Did UGA screw up the recruiting process somehow and incur a violation? Did he sign and we accept his LOI and did we lose this commitment spot as a result? If we never get the whole story, the school where this kid ends up will tell us a lot.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really wanted this kid before reading the details. I’ve seen wishy washy great players change their minds over and over, commit and decommit multiple times, but I’ve never seen a star player get suspended for 3 games in a season (including the state championship) and also miss the first half of a playoff game. I realize the latter was due to taking the ACT, but it also indicates piss-poor planning and possible academic issues. The fact that he scheduled the ACT during what he knew was a playoff weekend is troubling. Also, most of these kids have taken the ACT and/or SAT multiple times by this time in their senior year and all he needs is a minimum score to qualify.....which he had obviously not attained. Hmmmmm, sounds like there could be numerous issues going on here. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope UGA has accepted his LOI and takes a chance on him. Everyone deserves a second chance. What do we have to lose? Either way our backfield is going to be great in 2020.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Without any information from Evans, or UGA we are left to speculate. My speculation is there are character issues with this recruit, maybe we are better off without him. This unit is a team, no individual is above another, no room for a prima donna.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't waste any more time covering this guy, if he works out fine, if not, oh well. I want to know about Fromm, figured we would have heard from him yesterday....

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Do you even know the circumstances around this young man. Yes there are red flags. But, picture yourself as a teenager, the best running back in the nation, likely without the best of adult guidance; AND, dozens of grown men from every college falling all over you all whilst everyone else is in your ear about how you are the next this or that. Do you think you would have made a few mistakes and at times gone your own way?!

The truth is that he deserves a second or even third chance. Why not give that opportunity to him at RBU of all places. The fact is he signed his LOI with our beloved University. I say accept it and get him some good counsel.

I wish Evans the best at whatever school he chooses but I for one hope it REMAINS UGA.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen, BubbaBill.......See ya, Zach. Don't mean to be curt but this young man is most likely trouble. Kirby does not need more trouble right now. Kendall Milton can team with Zeus. IMO. Zach woul probably transfer anyway.