Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia middle linebacker Monty Rice makes NFL draft decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia middle linebacker Monty Rice makes NFL draft decision

Georgia middle linebacker Monty Rice has announced he will forego his senior season with the Bulldogs and enter the 2020 NFL Draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A-W-E-S-O-M-E ! ! ! !

• Options
    ChimRicholdsChimRicholds Posts: 29 ✭✭✭ Junior

The 2020 defense is going to be nasty.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on Jake Fromm. Surely, your decision is made by now.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you, Monty!!!!!! Your presence will be a major factor in 2020!!! UGA defense is going to be one of the best in nation...again.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Welp, this helps make it easier to take the Zach Evans news better, although it looks like the Smart move not to take someone who doesn't follow rules. Kudos to Kirby for not lowering his standards.

Major kudos to Mr. Rice for staying another year! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is awesome news! Can't wait to see next year's D in action!

I'm really wondering about Jake now. His lack of an announcement makes me think he's leaning toward jumping to the NFL, but holding off as teammates and coaches try to persuade him to stay.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, this is one guy we really needed back next year from a leadership standpoint. Great news! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

The defense will be unbelievable next year.

Funny how all the news from ESPN, 247 Sports & others are reporting Georgia LOSES #1 RB" when it comes to Z. Evans. The headline should read "Due to immaturity, #1 RB recruit Z. Evans fumbles LOI losing scholarship opportunity at RBU!". I have more respect for Kirby than ever after he cleaned house before the Sugar Bowl & then sent this kid packing. We did not need this guy within 1000 miles of the UGA locker room.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Great news! Hope your 4th year is the best yet Mr. Rice..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's no coincidence so many players on our D are staying and so many on our offense are leaving. This trend speaks volumes for the leadership on both sides of the ball. Yes, I am speaking to you Coach Coley.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Monty will raise his draft stock tremendously by coming back. Great decision Monty!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Zack Evans is a tremendous high school running back and most likely has the physical skills to make a great college running back. I don't know his circumstances but he needs to focus on overcoming the negatives, be accountable and strive to be a good teammate wherever he lands. Right now it appears he is a challenge and that challenge will be to keep him on the field and for him to be a guy his teammates can count on.

Have seen many a kids waste away the opportunity God blessed them with. Hopefully for him, he rises above it.

Have to admit, I would have loved to had his talents in red and black. But I also have to admit, I was nervous as heck about the presumed baggage.

I'm guessing UGA may have been who Deon was talking to when he kept saying this young man is a good kid and he needs a second chance. Maybe Kirby had already told him they could no longer take a chance on him at Georgia.