Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

D Line depth just isn't there yet...

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...according to the Auburn fans over on their 247 board

Comments

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let em stack it lol.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder which of our defensive statistics leads them to the conclusion that we have a thin D line....

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's laughable, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The GA DL is probably the strongest position group on the #1 team in the country.

We all know AU fans are 99% classless as a group. They are tired of us spankin that a$$ each year. Thought they could have at least said the same crap alot of people are saying about we can't throw the ball or cover the deep ball defensively. But no depth on the D line's just crazy.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    That's laughable, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. The GA DL is probably the strongest position group on the #1 team in the country.

I don't know--I think that RBs are probably the strongest position group .

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

I don't know--I think that RBs are probably the strongest position group .

Maybe so. I'm sure they're gonna be exhausted after slamming thenselves against the fortress that is the auburn line.

When Gus has had a really successful offense, he's had a qb that could make plays with his legs. I'd expect to see Stidham have a ton of roll outs with the option to run if we're in man to man and have our db's cleared out by wr's routes. We pop him a few good times and he'll curl up.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017

Stidham isn't that mobile Bell and Zo would eat him alive in 2 series. Their best bet is to block the game of their life and let stidham throw bombs

You know how they love to roll out moving the pocket. After 11 sacks in a game, I'd probably do something similar. He's no runner, but has some mobility. N yea I think Zo, Bell and Smith will eat him up. But I guarantee they do it.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@bigdawg2223 said:
    Stidham isn't that mobile Bell and Zo would eat him alive in 2 series. Their best bet is to **HOLD **the game of their life and let stidham throw bombs

FIFY.....

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brandon Wimbush wanted to run against Georgia. He ran for 191 against USC . I think he is better runner than Stidham. Drew Lock is a better passer.

I don't think Stidham will have 50 yards on the ground. I just think if we're in man to man and they do all those sprint outs they do, there's nothing but green grass because the wr's have cleared us out. I'd have the ND gameplan and try to make em 1 dimensional throwing the ball. In the LSU game, they gave up 20 unanswered because they couldn't run the ball. We're better than LSU.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    I don't think Stidham will have 50 yards on the ground. I just think if we're in man to man and they do all those sprint outs they do, there's nothing but green grass because the wr's have cleared us out. I'd have the ND gameplan and try to make em 1 dimensional throwing the ball. In the LSU game, they gave up 20 unanswered because they couldn't run the ball. We're better than LSU.

Actually I think LSU stopped the pass and made then run and stopped them with the front 7

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Denmen185 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Actually I think LSU stopped the pass and made then run and stopped them with the front 7

Stat wise is was a very close game. Thing is Auburn jumped out to 17-0 lead in the first, lead 23 - 14 at the half. Let LSU back in the game and failed to score in the second half. That's where LSU was able to make it's move.

Matchup: Aub. LSU
    1st Downs 17 14
    3rd down efficiency 3-15 6-17
    4th down efficiency 0-2 1-1
    Total Yards 354 363
    Passing 165 206
    Comp-Att 9-26 13-25
    Yards per pass 6.3 8.2
    Interceptions thrown 0 0
    Rushing 189 157
    Rushing Attempts 44 39
    Yards per rush 4.3 4.0
    Penalties 6-26 7-61
    Turnovers 0 1
    Fumbles lost 0 1
    Interceptions thrown 0 0
    Possession 30:30 29:30

They ran all over LSU the 1st half til LSU threw that TD right before the half. They never gave the momentum back after that. I remember the commentators for the AU-LSU game said that since stopping the run, nearly all of AU's pass attempts late in the game were deep shots downfield. No intermediate routes to move the chains. But getting them in 3rd and 7 or longer could let us pull away in this one. IF we can get em behind the chains, and get off the field on 3rd down. Special teams are gonna be important. Lol neither team may return a kickoff with Rod and Carlson. But Mecole may take one to the house this week; I hope anyway. Just needs a crease.