Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Details emerge regarding lawsuit from Cade Mays' parents against University of Georgia

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The "details emerge" headline is a pretty misleading. No real info here that we didn't already get from the preliminary reports (other than the dollar amount, I suppose... ok).

What I'd like to know is what culpability is being levied against UGA? What, specifically, are they claiming UGA failed so thoroughly to do that this guy is now owed 3 million dollars?

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

OMG!!! Forget Cade. Think about the ramifications if this thing results in any sort of settlement or even gets beyond just being dismissed. I can already see the late night lawyer ads. Did your fat ass break a folding chair resulting in any type of injury??? Contact Crackpot & Sons. You may be entitled to a large cash settlement.

Additionally, if the NCAA grants immediate eligiblity, we will have parents coming on campus and slicing off digits left & right. God forbid if they have more than 20 athletic children & they run out of things to cut off. Poor ole Dad better run for the hills or Momma might go Bobbitt on him. Hopefully the NCAA will see it's the parents not the university creating the hostile environment.

What type of parent would do this to their kid who is realistically 2-3 semesters from graduation and one year away from likely being a top NFL draft pick and multi millionaire himself?

Only at Georgia!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Embarrassing for the Mayes family and daddy ain’t so tough either. Sounds to me like they need to sue the chair manufacturer instead of the university. I guess Cade was not up to being pushed a little in practice like Luke is known to do. I sincerely hope Cade doesn’t get to play next year because he’s not worthy of the opportunity. He’s a quitter and his dad is a whimpering loser. Other than that I think he has a wonderful family.....NOT!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonder if. the 🤡 sues UT for mental anguish and pain from his days playing football there? HAHAHA

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Dawgs. For what it’s wort... Jakes blind side ‘bout got him killed in the sugar bowl. So buh-bye Cadie Boo. Next man up.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty sure you will be seeing Cade in a TN helmet come Fall. Let's hope his QB's blind side has a better day.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's from Tennessee, and his dad played for Tennessee's state university. Enough said. Other than Davie Crockett, what is their claim to fame?

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Thought I had seen (heard) most anything but this one takes the cake. The accident (if that is what it was) was unfortunate. What was he waiting for? The finger to grow back? Embarrassing for the young man. And now jump ship and sue the Uni? Bizarre!!

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Just to clarify Cade didn't lose his finger Kevin Mays did a former NFL Pro football player who put his hand in the dirt as an OL for 4 years at highschool 4 years at UT and I believe years in the NFL and he says it was a 10 on pain scale? Seems a classless thing to bring up 2 years after the fact this puts a whole new angle on the transfer portal . That's right Cade go to Tennessee that's where true character shines!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was never meant to be here.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry your Daddy hurt his finger. I guess fake is fake.....Go Dawgs...E'rebody else...JUMA!