Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rocky Top hop: Cade Mays jumps from Tennessee recruit to Georgia stardom to transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageRocky Top hop: Cade Mays jumps from Tennessee recruit to Georgia stardom to transfer portal

ATHENS — Cade Mays looked angry coming out of the tunnel, his game face still on beneath his Georgia football helmet following a Sugar Bowl win over Baylor. The Bulldogs were on the right side of the scoreboard, 26-14. But Mays had his hands full all night, surrendering two sacks and battling Big 12 Defensive Player

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Screw a slimy snake like Mars.. Wouldnt be surprised to learn he got his law degree at the prestigious UT law school 🐍 and see ya cadence.. You'll look real good dressed in an orange Halloween costume in Knoxville.. The REAL Great Pumpkin that Charlie Brown always spoke of! 🎃 💯 🎃

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have zero respect for mars. Fought tooth and nail for fields to get a transfer, kind of passed on luke, and now this. He must be wanting half of the settlement. Another scumbag lawyer. One kid deserved the waiver, one definitely did not and now this BS with mays. Yeah mays will be playing next year. Mars will have them believing that Cade suffered emotional stress from his daddy's stupidity of cutting off part of his own finger.

• Options

Snake is too good for a low life such as Mars.. He's a prime example of why all attorneys receive a bad rap. A perfect lawyer for a family of clowns like the Mays family.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And to say that UGA leaked the story, I believe it was his crowd, just to try and force UGA into paying. It'll speed up the process to make it public. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if it ain't the elder mays himself.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he was the attorney for Fields, and he became Luke Ford's attorney after their first denial.

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2020

UGA shouldn't give this kid or his dirtbag daddy anything on his way out the door. That's a family with zero class.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fellas, too much Cade Mays, he's GONE......Let's talk returning from transfer portal Robert Beal! He will have to perform at higher level now at LB. Let's jack him up a bit. Article says he was ho hum most of year. He'll improve or will "be seated." We need some meat eatin' dawgs out there. You know more about him than I do. Go for it.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thomas Mars reputation as a scumbag is accurate. Did daddy May's not know how to sit in a folding chair? Should recruits fathers be given a course on how to sit in a chair while attending recruitment sessions with their sons? An amputation of any body part is life changing, but 3 million dollars for part of the pinkie finger is a lot of lettuce!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The timing shows this is “quid quo pro” at its best. In other words, if UGa signs the unconditional release allowing Cade to play next year then the Wimpy Daddy will drop the lawsuit. Pretty clear this is what is taking place. Don’t do it UGa because it wasn’t the university or venue that injured the finger. It was a bozo UT grad who doesn’t know how to work a folding chair. No jury will find us guilty of negligence and the suit should be directed at the chair manufacturer and even then it would be a flaky lawsuit.

• Options

He was, doesn't change a lot of the public's negative view about him though. Some thought he fought harder for a waiver for Fields than he did for Ford, only Mars knows the actual truth concerning that issue in those cases. And now he's representing someone who can't master the art of a folding chair, a perfect lawyer for someone who can't figure out what a 3rd grader can. Hope the elder Mays doesn't own a lazy boy recliner.. If he does, he won't have any fingers left in a few years 😂

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adios Amigo. - After a 7.5 minute grieving period. It's time for the next man up.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia can't crumble ! Kirby has brought the program up to a high level. We have to sign Jones and Van Pran for sure.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MR Mays finds out he's not smart enough to sit in a folding chair while wedging it against a column, while injuring himself. Two full years later he decides he wants some easy money - then he tells his son to transfer - because it would hurt his bogus lawsuit if his son stayed on the team at Georgia.

Then MR Mars leaks the story, and accuses Georgia of leaking the story as to make Georgia look bad, and to help his bogus case. One bad guy working for another bad guy. I hope Georgia never pays a dime. Karma will deal with MR Mays, and MR Mars as well.

I feel sorry for Cade. I wonder how he feels about what his Father is doing? Oh, but we will never hear that side of the story, at least not until after the lawsuit...

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alright enough about this former player.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's gone. Good riddance. Next man up.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder what made Mays decide to transfer? Was it the loss of Pittman? I don't believe it was the lawsuit. I think the lawsuit was filed to facilitate his ability to get the transfer and a waiver to play next year. I don't believe it gets filed at all if Pittman is still at UGA. But then (and I just took this from reading the story) I wonder if family got a little crossways with Kirby because UGA stopped recruiting the younger brother. Maybe they felt a little jilted by that. I don't know any of this for a fact but just throwing it out there for speculation. I mean, this kid was looking at being a starter next year at UGA in all probability, a team leader on an offensive line that just lost three starters. Why would you give that up to go play for a team that might finish midway in the division with no guarantee that you'll even be able to play next year? When you think it through, it really doesn't make any sense.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may have misspoke. Mars may still be employed by the NCAA in which case this Mays family fiasco is even more slimy! I have found nothing to confirm Mars' firing or resignation.

It would be quite easy for a "journalist" to research this obvious conflict of interest, but when you have a Vol reporting on the Vols on a DawgNation blog it's best not to expect much therefore avoiding disappointment. Right, Griff?