Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Has anyone else noticed....

DGD1992DGD1992 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

NFL teams winning playoff games with good defense, a heavy emphasis on the run game, and very little passing?

I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on this. How/why there is a conception that this doesn’t work in college but seems to work well in the NFL.

Comments

• LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Got to have all cylinders working by the time you are in the playoffs. Mahomes, Watson, Jackson are all huge passers and runners.

• DGD1992DGD1992 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

So would you say one of those teams are going to win the whole thing vs a team like Titans, Vikings, or Seahawks?

Yep. I have my money on the Chiefs but Ravens look tough.

No doubt. I mean the 49ers and Bosa throttled the Vikings.

• DGD1992DGD1992 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just get the vibe from people that they think you need a QB where running is a big part of their game. I feel like you need a QB that makes good decisions and has great arm talent but has the ability, if pocket collapses/defense is just giving them the lane, that is athletic enough to hurt them.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

In yesterdays match up I would have sworn the 49ers stole the Dawgs playbook. Controled the clock and ran the ball right down the Vikings throat.

Ravens came out looking like they had already won that game (apparently had some Rat Poison in their diet) and of course left the game in disbelief. Kind of glad the Titans took them to the cleaners. Since I didn't really care who won that game I took some pleasure in watching the underdogs wipe the smiles off the Ravens face. To answer the question did the Titans defense just figure it out? Id say yep no doubt about it. Also Henry was a beast in that game.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

and in addition to "Has anyone else noticed ?"

anyone else noticed that if he was bald, how much Coach Orgeron would look like Erk Russell.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, what could've been...Had Derrick Henry stayed Committed to the G, that team would've had Gurley, Marshall, Henry, Chubb and Michel on it at the same time. Geez

• Jhorne2000Jhorne2000 Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, if Kirby watched that game last night he had to take a cold shower after.

Think he might hire someone from the Titans offense to fill the last spot ?? I kid I kid - that would set dawg nations collective hair on fire

But , it is working - and they took down a flavor of the week “dynamic” offense last night

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only thing I've noticed is regardless of the action it still can't hold a candle to college ball

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a game! Not much D but Mahomes was incredible.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chiefs 49s Super Bowl.

It will be very interesting game to say the least. 49s defense is stout, if maholmes can by a little time he can do some damage.

Mahomes to Kelci, Hill and Hardman is tough to beat. Should be a heck of a SB if Chiefs vs 49s