Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mark Richt, Florida State DC give scout on new Georgia TE Tre' McKitty

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageMark Richt, Florida State DC give scout on new Georgia TE Tre' McKitty

ATHENS — Tre' McKitty will continue to be assigned the title of “tight end,” but make no mistake about it, the former Florida State Seminole is coming to Georgia to catch passes. Former Florida State defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett saw plenty of McKitty in practices to know what the Bulldogs are getting. “Trey

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like another addition to the offense. The defense is all but set. The offense is going to be something to watch.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am more and more interested to see what unfolds with the offensive coaching staff. Who will we add, and in what role? Monken, who is known as a good receivers coach, has been mentioned. During bowl season, Coley defended Fromm by saying poor route running can make a QB look bad because commentators discussing an incomplete pass don't necessarily know that the receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be. Does this mean that the coaches think crisper routes will solve the offense's woes? Or are we going to shake it up more than that? And are we going to build an offensive identity that better suits a mobile quarterback? It seems several of our QB options for next year bring a greater degree of mobility than Fromm had, so it wouldn't be a matter of packages designed just for one player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see such questions left unanswered as much as possible during the offseason. It would make sense to keep next year's opponents guessing. I'm still dying to know, though.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope we’re not about to listen to 7-1/2 months of hype about the skill set of some of these players we have brought into the program, and I’m speaking of McKitty in particular, only to see their talents or abilities wasted by not scheming to our players strengths. I have listened to about all of this I want to listen to. Come on coaches, get creative, get up to date and “attack the day.” Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

Hype Hype Hype.... might as well get ready for 7 months of these predictions.... Mckitty, Newman and others. Wait till CKS speaks or we see it on the field in August to set your expectations. Seen 7 pieces in 4 days on Newman; been anointed by DN and many fans as the starter. Have respect for those in the system and let the system decide who plays.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he can’t block , he won’t be playing much at UGA.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They both said he could. Why the concern????

Not wanting time be condescending.... have you seen/read something we haven’t?

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This Florida State grad-transfer has one potential great distinction already... he's a candidate for one of the all-time GREAT DAWG named players. Just imagine? Years from now, you might hear folks saying, "Hey, y'all remember when Mc-KITTY became a DAWG???!!!" <---- THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm dusting off my golf clubs.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Chaney nor Coley know how to use the TE, both claim they do, actual evidence proves both wrong. Watch the Kansas City Chiefs, they actually know how to use a TE. UGA used to have great TE statistics, when the whole TE group as a whole has less than 30 catches per season, that proves Kirby loves blocking more than he loves catches. One TD catch for Charlie Woerner in four years, what a waste.