Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brock Vandagriff: Previewing the 5-star QB's big "Junior Day" visit

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBrock Vandagriff: Previewing the 5-star QB's big "Junior Day" visit

BOGART, Ga. -- The first read to begin an update on all things Brock Vandagriff  has to come out hard and fast. That's how he plays quarterback. This one certainly will. The aim will be to mirror how 5-star QB gets rid of the ball for his Prince Avenue Christian team: Decisive. Hit a read. The right read. In stride.

Read the full story here

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps, now is time to check off yet one more block in the Kirby Smart era : Signed the #1 player in Georgia (for the 2021 class)

FOR GEORGIA!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Talk about great timing. Kirby just so happens to make the biggest offensive coordinator hire of the new off-season, and right when the No.1 rated QB is coming for a visit. Nobody recruits better than Kirby Smart.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was disappointed when he committed to OK. Glad to hear UGA is in the mix. If he wants to hunt in Bama on the weekends-Athens and Auburn are the only options of his final three.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burrow's biggest asset was his athleticism to be able to escape trouble while keeping his eyes downfield making big plays while making accurate throws on the move. Just ask the Dawgs DL and DBs. Not pro-style not dual threat...perhaps pro-threat. Brock seems to have the athleticism if he has the accuracy. He seems to have an understanding of what it will take to become a pro-threat at the next level. Those red locks would look great peaking from beneath a red helmet with a black Georgia G!

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't like the competition he plays against in small town private school ball in the state of Georgia. I guess i would rather have Caleb Williams out of D.C. Maybe he proves me wrong though ! He has to be some kind of good to be ranked that high and the #1 player in Georgia for the 2021 class .

• ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think he is a Dawg for the taking. Regardless of the level of competition this young man has tremendous talent and will only get better.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All the naysayers about this QB because he plays in the smallest classification in GA, so what? Herschel Walker once played in the smallest classification in GA. Joe Burrow was rated a two star QB coming out of high school. Work, work and more work can improve your skills to play QB in the SEC. Recruit him and Williams both, see who commits and sticks to their commit. Go Dawgs!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tommielee, I agree with recruiting both players and I’m not sure which one will be the best fit in Athens. Please note that according to the “247 Composite” in 2015, Burrow was a 4-star and the #8 ranked “dual” QB in the class.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

This kid's a junior...I would not commit at all until next Dec......I would have about a dozen elite schools paying my way for visits and worshiping me

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4.75 40 is ok for class A high school. But doesn't translate that well at the next level. In the film he looks fairly slow(certainly not on WIlliam's level) but he's definitely a step quicker than his competition(lot's of slow looking white kids). Has plenty of zip on the ball but he seems to have a long straight armed throwing motion. But then a gain , I never liked Eason's throwing motion either and it turned out alright for him.

Just curious...who gave a down vote to this comment....and why? The one thing I don't like about this board is that it reveals who gave thumbs up but keeps thumps down hidden......If I have a negative comment I put my name to it

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn't work that way. QB's always are the first to commit as a position group. My guess is that 80% will have made up their minds by August.

No real rules here...the kid could wait until January and commit to almost any school that he wanted to ....BTW this work both ways...suppose a school offers a scholarship to a players before his senior season and gets a commit...then the senior season does not go well (not mentioning any names here)...the school is in a bad position