Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Todd Monken

Comments

• striker42striker42 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm hoping this is signalling a big development in Kirby as a head coach. I'm hoping this is him finally realizing that we have to innovate on offense to get over the hump. That you can't force the offensive scheme onto the talent you have but have to develop the scheme to take advantage of what your players do best. You also have to adapt to the changing landscape of college football.

Another thing I LOVE about this is it's showing Kirby is willing to admit a mistake and correct it. The inability to make the tough decision and make the change when needed was what cost Richt so many times and probably contributed more to his firing than anything else. Sticking with Martinez at DC was the prime example.

Kirby being willing to admit a mistake and putting the program ahead of his ego or feelings of loyalty is a great sign.

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No then we all have to hear the meltdown on how broken our defense is

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I for one wouldn’t care. Defense needs to see something new because we will likely see some type of spread offense in the playoff.

• James13James13 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

Speculation on another thread that Coley is leaving. Anyone know how well Monken can recruit compared to Coley? I know Coley was important for the south Florida connections.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We flipped a WR from LSU. So did Maryland. High octane offenses don't recruit themselves. Recruiting is brutal.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Notice I put the part about putting guys in the league too? That's probably the biggest factor that recruits consider.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Todd Monken will make $1.1M ($390k in base salary, $710k supplemental pay) in 2020. The length of his contract has not been made available yet (as far as I know).

Buster Faulkner will make $150k in 2020.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You'd think. He made $250K last year. Doubt he came here to make 100k less.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No I gotcha, and I agree. Just saying he surely didn't come here for a lower title AND a lot less money. He has got to get a pay bump. Doesn't make sense otherwise, not to me anyway.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty sure Buster will be the one who takes over for Munken if and when he leaves in a few years. That’s what I got out of that hire.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The analyst job is much lower pay. They can't interact with the players. They are there as a think tank for the OC/DC. They are then in a position to take a coaching job, which would involve a big pay hike.