Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media sees Georgia football and Florida on same level entering 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageNational media sees Georgia football and Florida on same level entering 2020 season

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. National media sees Florida and Georgia football on same level entering 2020 season The last three seasons,

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JayDog...Well put. Can’t add anything else to that. Go Dawgs!

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well done rhbatch, BornADawg, and JayDog!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, yeah right. Georgia at #11 and #13? They vastly underestimate us. Granted, I'm not sure I'd agree with SI's #2 ranking as we still have a number of variables and will time to get everything "clicked" into place and we have Bama this year as well.

But, we certainly have the talent and depth and continue to add top tier talent every year.

I fully expect us in the Top 5 by the end of the year.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Trask had 7 INT's vs 25 TD's for the water lizards, and that's "shining" ? I'd say that's more along the lines of being average..

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

PFF has Florida ranked #19 and Georgia #3, so it's a big fat "Yes" to the term "way too early".

Look Florida is a media darling, because they want Disco Dan to continue opening his trap and creating controversy. The media loves that stuff. All Kirby cares about is continuing to beat the Gators in Jacksonville.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's good to see Florida getting better. Same would be true for UT and SC. It's better to have a competitive SEC East.

But Trask couldn't even beat Feleipe Franks out for the job, or was it that Mullen didn't understand that Trask had more potential?

Mullen much like Malzahn needs a truly special QB to run his system at a very high level, and I just don't see that player on the roster.

No Dan Mullen offense has scored more than 17 points on a Kirby Smart defense, and with Ga likely having the best defense in the SEC, if not all of CFB, I just don't see Florida doing much better this year.

Georgia had plenty of problems on offense in 2019, so it won't be very hard to at least match that production. If the new offense does improve, the gap may become even wider between Georgia and Florida. With all the Florida hype, the pressure will now shift to Florida.

This is Mullen's best chance so far against Smart. The teams are now 'equal' and Florida gets an easier schedule. If Mullen misses this window, what then? I won't be a bit surprised if by seasons end it's not the Gator fans who're the ones calling for an offense system upgrade.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Poorly written...The "national media" says this and that......unless there is some guy named National Media that is not a view that all of them share.

I will say going into next season there will be a lot of people picking Florida in the East...the logic is sound.....Georgia has to replace 9 players on offense....and. more importantly, there are still serious questions about coaching.......I will say that right now Georgia is the better of the two team....but is Georgia elite? To get there someone on that offense will have to step up big time

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Compared to 6 INT's vs SIXTY (60) TD's for Joe Burrows.. That is a prime example of " Shining." Trask would've never played if Frank's stays healthy, and Frank's isn't an elite QB himself.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HA!

just read the title and all I can say is a quote from CKS

”We let our helmets do our talking”

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I seem to remember the "national media" saying the same thing last year (after the 2018 season) even to the point of the AP voting UF ahead of UGA at the end of the season even though the Gators were 19 points worst than the Dawgs on the field!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finally , some anti-rat poison the coaches can use. On second thought , the players probably hear that stuff and laugh. Yeh, right.

• bhdawgbhdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Do not agree with the Ga Fla comparisons. JMO

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen is behind much of this pre-season hype. He has to beat UGA this time or the G-Reaper will appear from fans who have had it with his toothy grin and fast hellos. FL, I do not believe, has the coaching or talent to beat UGA even during a "rebuilding year." CKS is a cut above the FL program and has been for years. FL is not "inching closer every year." It is just a matter of how many points separate the two....UGA always emerges the victor. UGA is a superior program if not elite...elite is such an elusive term anyway. Annually a top 4 at least. FL cannot claim such a status. National media play the odds with the better schools.....it sells. Period. You posters know this....! The Dawgs will pull yet another repeat on FL in the fall....and Mullen will reach into his same old worn bag of excuses.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bulletin board material - nothing more, nothing less. Enough said.

• bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kinda funny how they talk about all the OL we need to replace next year, but basically that same line beat a supposedly good defense in the Sugar Bowl. And FL couldn't beat us without our receivers last year, what makes them think they can beat us with our receivers healthy this year? They only scored 17 against last year's defense (with CBs hurt), this year our defense may be even better. Sorry, just not buying it.