Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

5-star signee hints that UGA might finish with No. 1 class

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

image5-star signee hints that UGA might finish with No. 1 class

Georgia football fans are counting down to the end of the 2020 recruiting cycle on National Signing Day, and DawgNation is chronicling all the buildup with the Signing Day Spotlight — presented by Kroger. Each day, host Brandon Adams will recap the big news for UGA fans from around the recruiting trail as the

Read the full story here

Comments

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure what you mean by "quite some time" B.A. but last year with Pickens was pretty dang dramatic with the Pickens flip!!!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder if he is waiting for some cash to appear.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

BA get over it brother, he is a great talent but to much Antonio Brown in him...move on my man!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All these judgemental **** on here. Yall dont know the kid good enough to label him. The same ones who saying we dont need him are the same ones who'll **** him up if he came and balled out. Ole fair weather dont know **** at all rac!st part of the UGA alumni and fanbase. Its facts don't argue with me.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA can sign- enroll Evans, then they should. If Ga doesn't then one of it's rivals will.

Also, Zach clearly needs some structure, accountability, and discipline. Kirby Smart can give him that.

Some of the other coaches will only get a player out of trouble. Steal some crab legs and get no suspension.

Go to a restaurant, eat, and then refuse to pay, doesn't even get suspended at all.

Get caught smoking dope in a park with a stolen gun, and stolen prescription drugs, charges dropped, and even better, no suspensions.

Participate in the planning of, as well as provide the hand gun for a home invasion armed robbery of a drug dealer, and it all gets swept under the rug...

That is not the kind of help a young man like Zach needs... His best chance is in Athens Ga, and with a coach like Kirby Smart.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I tend to agree with whoever posted that this young man sounds a lot like Isaiah Crowell. Even Coach Richt couldn't pull him out of his "crap" and had to release him. I'm sure something concrete happened for UGA to release Evans. Maybe the shock will pull him from his reputed negative attitude and he can go on and be successful somewhere, I hope so.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not for me to judge this kid....I don't know him.......That said I see a lot of people here who are judging him....I've read the "****" word over and over...I think we know why they are judging this kid....I say give him a chance...my only reservation is the kid is 5'11" and weighs 200 (which means he probably weighs 190).......

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually, my bet is LSU finishes with the #1 recruiting class. I know they are around the 5th ranked class at this time, but don’t forget they just had 9 additional scholarships come available a week ago with massive undergraduate departures. UGA has already used 2 of our remaining scholarships on graduate transfers (QB and TE) so we may only have a few left. It will be interesting to see how this pans-out and there may be a few last minute flips. Only problem for LSU is that the vast majority of 4 & 5 star recruits signed in December. Stay tuned and Go Dawgs!!!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will not lose any sleep over who is rated number 1 for this recruiting cycle. Joe Burrow was rated a 2 star before he enrolled at Ohio State. After this season of seasons for him, he is set to be the number 1 draftee of the NFL in April. This is prove that the 5 star rating for some athletes is overblown, and lower ratings on others is incorrect.

• diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hate to say no to talented players, but sometimes it's just not worth the headache & questionable dependability. You don't want a player on your team that drags other players down or into places you don't want them, and you don't want players that are very susceptible to getting into trouble & not being in a position to contribute, IOW's, undependable.

From what I've seen I'd say Evans is not worth the risk.

• diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW... It's really pointless where Georgia finishes in recruiting, only meaningful where they finish in the final polls. 1st place in recruiting doesn't automatically equal 1st place at the end of the season. Did you know Justin Jefferson was a 2 start recruit & Joe Burrow was a 3 star recruit according to Rivals???

Why should trust them to know how to evaluate players?? And I don't want to hear 'they get it right most of the time'. No, they don't. Just look into it. There are several players that have left UGA over the last few years because of lack of playing time with 4 or 5 stars.