Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey: His last-minute recruiting story triggers goosebumps

2»

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck with your upcoming decision young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope McConkey picks UGA. Kirby Smart has picked a few diamonds in the rough that worked out really well.

Maybe this kid can be next.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't believe Navy hasn't visited. Grades. Talent. Just what they look for - and they had a pretty talented McConkey back in the late 70s/early 80s: Phil McConkey! Had a nice career with the NY Giants. Common Coach N - give this kid a call! :-)

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well written, Jeff Sentell! Interesting read. Smart is playing to Monken's Air Raid system...quickness and good hands....that is Ladd M. He is "slippery" and can wiggle through defenders. A tad small but he will grow. Monken's kind of recruit. Smart must see something really special in this boy for a scholarship in Power 5 SEC-style football!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Love stories like this. This kid will be a fan favorite in Athens. Human Joystick 2.0, but with more wiggle. I agree with the Andy Isabella comparisons. His athleticism is off the charts and I love the tape where he just ABUSES opposing DB's. Fun story, intriguing player. Hope he chooses UGA, but I'll route for him wherever he goes.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

Great article Jeff!

This kid is legit! How in the world has he flown under the radar to this point? Him and Arian Smith returning punts would be something special for 2020. His vision combined with his speed make him a very special talent. I completely understand why Kirby made a personal visit to meet him and his family. Wow!

I hope he makes the right decision. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

This kid is my new favorite recruit. I pray he chooses UGA. Those DBs at the Opening look like amateurs compared to him. There is absolutely no way he would take a redshirt at UGA, he is that good. 01/20/16 and 01/20/2020...that is not coincidence. Commit to the G Ladd!!!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Team this kid with that new RB recruit Edwards...together they might weigh close to one SEC D tackle