Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football releases salary for new OC Todd Monken

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football releases salary for new OC Todd Monken

Georgia football has a new million-dollar man on its assistant coaching staff, per details released by the University of Georgia on Thursday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Chaney is now making $1.5 million a year to do what he did so poorly at UGA? Hahahahaha - only in Tennessee... Rocks on Rocky Top and rocks in the head. If you accidentally bump into one of them, you might think them to be a giant maraca.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know much about this guy other than what I read here (and I’m too lazy to research🤣) but just seeing the above picture makes me think he is an all business, no nonsense type of guy. Probably has a humorous side though. Just looks like a “get it done” type of football coach to me, the type young men will respond to. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I hear and read, Todd is worth the over $1 Mil. And I am pretty sure it was a cut in pay from the NFL. Just guessing. Long-term contract not yet executed....well, when most of these types leave early, the new program buys out the contract. Pretty standard. I hope Luke remains for awhile....he is the lynch pin to me. Monken will likely hang until a big offer emerges elsewhere. Opportunity is what these coaches wait for, then it is alvederzane. IMO!

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty sure Dan Lanning is due for a raise.

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

OC is like everything else. An upgrade costs extra . But you can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a donkey. I think we got a real race horse with Monken .

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel so poor after seeing how much all of them jokers are making! 😄I got to get into coaching!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we get a natty out of this....Give them all a raise!!!!

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now go EARN it!

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

In 2013, Mike Bobo, who set offensive records in the SEC, recd a $240,000 raise elevating his annual salary to $575,000. Welcome to the NEW Georgia. While the escalation in coaching salaries is necessary to stay competitive in the national championship race, it sets alarming trend in college football as a whole in my opinion. I can only imagine what the salaries will look like in another 7 years.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My question is how do you get a guy to take a 100k dollar pay cut? To just wait around. What is Ga expecting out of Monken? A one and done?

But Lanning definitely needs a raise with Dell Mcgee.

But, just wondering.

Go Dawgs

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Money is not everything, to everyone.   Everything has its price, including peace.  I have passed up lucrative jobs due to the extra aggravation that came along with them.  Going from NFL to college probably is not only a step down in salary, but a step down in the pressure of the job.  Monken may be making a $100,000 investment to avoid a heart attack.